Identify this engine..

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

well dude awsome choice. BP 1.8 liters FTW.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Guys guys

it looks like an FE3 to me. thats a 2.0L thats no B6, or Bp. that intake manifold only came on an FE3.

the guy on Ebay was called out on it before for not being a BP.

note no oil cooler behind the oil filter, and the B6's with that valve cover, had a block stiffiner (Mid Pan) between the block and the Oil Pan.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Josh wrote:Guys guys

it looks like an FE3 to me. thats a 2.0L thats no B6, or Bp. that intake manifold only came on an FE3.

the guy on Ebay was called out on it before for not being a BP.

note no oil cooler behind the oil filter, and the B6's with that valve cover, had a block stiffiner (Mid Pan) between the block and the Oil Pan.
It close but the desing is to new to be a Fe3. Someone already nailed it though its a newer bp. They give it away in the ebay thread by mentioning what Kia's it works for.

-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

yes thats a 95-98 BP from a Protege. Also the same as a Kia Sephia they just slap a Kia valve cover

End of story its a BP
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
naprotejay

Post by naprotejay »

mx3autozam wrote:yes thats a 95-98 BP from a Protege. Also the same as a Kia Sephia they just slap a Kia valve cover

End of story its a BP
agreed^^ in fact I'm using that manifold on my 1st gen BP; for example, a pic here :wink: :

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showpost.php? ... stcount=11

Keep in mind with these 'JDM' motors that some things are a little different: for instance, no north american 2nd gen BP (whether in the Protege or Sephia) came with the pcv valve being routed to the *front* of the intake manifold - however, this 2nd gen BP from overseas does have it routed that way.
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

atlantamx3 wrote:Nope- since that motor is also from a 95+ all the plugs should plug right up.
does anyone know for sure if its plug and play. has anyone here done a swap of those years
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”