Rear Brake Disc (rotor) Screws

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
slimmyslim1420

Rear Brake Disc (rotor) Screws

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

Does anyone know where I can get some rear brake disc (rotor) screws. The little ones the hold the rotor to the hub? I called two part stores yesterday and they said they can't get them and have no idea where I could get them. So I kinda need some help here.[/url]
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping
Macen

Post by Macen »

It will be fine without the screws. I don't have any on my discs.
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

agreed, but its just a standard machine screw, 1/4-20 NC i believe, check first before buying it tho.

and a mazda dealership should sell you them.

BOchek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

I don't mine anymore either.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Throw that crap out. There's no reason for it. When you bolt the wheel to the hub, it'll hold the disc tighter (100 ft/lbs) than some stupid screw will anyways. It's the only time I'd ever seen a stupid screw holding a disc on a hub. It's retarded.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

How can you get them off? I tried to do so the other days but they seem very week and I was not able to take them off.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

solo_ryder wrote:How can you get them off? I tried to do so the other days but they seem very week and I was not able to take them off.
Mine didn't have them to begin with when I bought the car. The one MX3 I dealt with that had them, the owner was replacing rotors anyways, so I grinded into the old rotors to grind the whole screw head off and left the stud in the hub. Screw it.

Otherwise, yours are probably so rusted on, you'd be wasting your time to do it any other way. I'd say go get a new pair of cheapo rotors. Mine were $12.99 a piece at Advance.
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

solo_ryder wrote:How can you get them off? I tried to do so the other days but they seem very week and I was not able to take them off.
With an impactor. A tool used to remove screws on rotors and drums. You also need a hammer to use it.
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

I got mine out using a drill with a screwdriver bit. the one that stripped though I used a descent sized drill bit and once I got down to the stud the screw turned very easily.
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping
purewhitemp5

Post by purewhitemp5 »

throw them screws out you dont need them.
Philthy

Post by Philthy »

The screws hold the rotor on down the assembly line, techs often never put them back. If you want to get them off and if you don't have an impact driver; smack the face with a ball ping hammer a couple of times. often the shock will loosen them. havn't been beat yet using that trick and an impact. granted sunny california is a lot more forgiving than canada.
92 MX-3 GS, KL-ZE, OBX headers, 2-1/2" exhaust, XL Performance muffler, AASCO Aluminum flywheel,Pheno spacers,APEXi Airflow computer,Eibach springs,Tockico struts, Toyo RA1 205/50ZR15s, B&M short shifter. MS control arm Bushings, SS clutch line, SS brake hoses

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”