header

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
4gotn

header

Post by 4gotn »

http://corksport.com/store/large/ah4q/m ... _Type.html

i was wondering if i cut the downpipe part of the header and faced it to the back of the car where its supposed to be could that work?
i meen itd be a simple cut and weld job and i could work off of it...
i just dont want to settle for a 4-1 header
1994 MX-3 1.6L B6DE 16v DOHC - rear disc swap, nix power steering/ac, Corksport f&r strut tower bars, Pedders urethane control arm bushings, urethane motor mounts, steel braided brake lines, painted dash, protege tranny
90 Miata w/ b6, Konig Lightspeed rims, Cams (boost to come soon)
74 Porsche 914 w/ 1.8L - restoration prooject

atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Nope.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

any reasons why?
1994 MX-3 1.6L B6DE 16v DOHC - rear disc swap, nix power steering/ac, Corksport f&r strut tower bars, Pedders urethane control arm bushings, urethane motor mounts, steel braided brake lines, painted dash, protege tranny

cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

because the way the header is positioned it is angled towards your transmission support. better off getting the genie header that corksport makes.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

id like to get a pre made one but i dont want to settle for a 4-1
i dont want to boost my engine id like to go na

reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

you can try and modify the bolt locations on a civic header (you need one for the gs engine) they are made 4-2-1 but even if your not boosting your car there isn't much of a performace difference between the 2 for the output of our engines. the only other option is to buy the header for the sohc engine and cut off the the top that connects to the manifold and weld it on to a stock manifold to be able to connect it to the engine but you may notice the engine running a little rough seeing as there may be a different lenght of the exhaust runners on the sohc to the dohcs.

Reaper
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

speaking of header kia makes one for the bp which i didn't know untill i found one. 94-97 kia sophia for these guys looking for a header for the BP powered MX-3.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

ford probe 2.0L header works!! Just need to bore and drill a couple new holes!! Yes it is a 4-2-1 header!!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”