v6 Engine Problem. Help!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
IslandMx3

v6 Engine Problem. Help!

Post by IslandMx3 »

last night i had driven home 5 minutes from the grocery store, when about to park, the engine began to shake and the car began to shake.
i had immediately parked and turned the car off. this morning i turned the car on and it began doing the same thing as last night. the Engine is "fluttering". when i put my foot on the throttle, it almost sounds like the exhaust is fluttering aswell. it is almost as though the exhaust or engine is misfiring. i have checked all oils and waters and have checked the spark plugs for excessive oil. the spark plugs are clean and dry. I then phoned a local mazda and had asked him questions, he can answer those for me for a "small fee" as he needs to book an appointment to look at it. Help please, very low on money and stumped.
the car is driveable yet i dont want to drive it in this condition thus making the problem bigger....
mab

Post by mab »

check your wires by spraying water on them to see if you can see any arking. check the wire boots to see if there are white marks to see if they are arking inside the plug towers .. that what it sounds like to me.
IslandMx3

Post by IslandMx3 »

took my car to mazda today and he cant see any "extreme" damage yet he still doesnt know what is wrong with it. No check engine lights have come on, nothing major looks wrong. I have checked everything that there is to be checked and cant seem to come up with anything. Rather then getting more damage to the car by driving it, im just bummin rides off buddies until i can get this fixed. any ideas anyone?
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

pull's on his stehoscope....

check your intake mainafolds " rubber accoridian" yup that ribbed
bit that bends around to the mainafold for cracks or leaks
Kiwi - Native Bird Of New Zealand, semi-nocturnal, secretive bird
Flightless, though can be found flying firstclass
Poor eyesight, though can spot a good pub at 100yards.
IslandMx3

Post by IslandMx3 »

thanks, everything looks good. i thought for a minute that maybe a o2 sensor was wrecked but if that was the case i would have a check engine light on which is not showing up. This is begginning to really piss me off as i cant figure out a way to do this without bringing my car to mazda and paying a fortune.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Maybe ur check engine light blew ? does it come on when ur first turn to the key to on?

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
IslandMx3

Post by IslandMx3 »

yeah the light comes on.
i am definitely stuck, im going to take it to my grandpas and see what he thinks, and if worse comes to worse im just going to pay to get it fixed at mazda... prolly gonna cost me and arm and a leg tho.
perhaps i should just get a KLZE :D
IslandMx3

Post by IslandMx3 »

so i brought it in to mazda today, and aparantly oil is leaking into one of the four spark plugs and into a "chamber". i can either rebuild the engine or replace the broken spark plug every 6-9 months.
problem solved?
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

Check the valve cover gaskets - usually that's the culprit for letting oil into the spark plug wells - its a relatively easier/cheaper repair (than a rebuild).
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”