Trading...

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Meep

Trading...

Post by Meep »

My MX-3 has had problem upon problem arise. The impact damage to the passenger door, faded chipping paint, timing belt, air intake, vacuum leaks, power steering pump, the engine wouldn't start, the HLAs were busted, CV Joints have been replaced, rotors have cut through, brakes have gone out, no A/C, sunroof has leaked, power windows had to be rewired, window trim leaks, switches have broken, speakers have blown, CV joints have split, the rack and pinion has issues, steering does not always work properly.... Lots of minor stuff, butI was wondering if I'd be able to break the 200K mark since I'm just a couple thousand miles short. I suppose that's not too bad for a stock engine though...

Well, unfortunately on my drive home from work yesterday, my steering system went chaotic on me. The wheel jumps mid-turn and I'm thinking perhaps the rack and pinion have finally seen their days. I was able to make it home without the tire falling off but I don't think I'll be driving it much longer.

FORTUNATELY, we found someone who wants our Protege I posted on the board a few weeks ago. AND luckily for me the guy is also selling his gf's car (they have a baby on the way and they need more room). Can we guess what his other car is? An MX-3

Granted, its an RS... but its in full operation. The body is in fantastic condition, A/C blows cold, already has a cold air intake installed, interior is exceptionally clean. Only thing he pointed out was the clutch needs to be replaced since his gf isn't good at driving a MTX and burned it out. Besides that, there are no problems. It drives good. I'll let you guys know how it goes... :o

Wish me luck guys, the trade's going to be on Friday and then I'll see about what to do with my V6.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Hey good luck Mareli, hope it all pans out well for you. :2thumbsup: :driver:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Re: Trading...

Post by mr1in6billion »

Meep wrote:...CV joints have split, the rack and pinion has issues, steering does not always work properly.... Lots of minor stuff
haha.. I hardly call steering problems minor. Glad to see you are sticking with the mx3 tho. After all those problems i would imagine it's hard to have faith in mx3s..
alleycat29

quick fix

Post by alleycat29 »

haha since when is steering not inmportant?

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”