North American MX-3's - 10 Years+ and slowly disappearing

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Andrew_Pakula

North American MX-3's - 10 Years+ and slowly disappearing

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

Now that all of the North American MX-3's are 10+ years old now I'm starting to find that I am seeing less and less of them on the road now. Anyone else notice this? MX-3's used to be a very common sight especially in the Toronto area from where I am but as time goes on it seems they are all slowly disappearing from the road. Many of them now are way up there on mileage and rusting. Of course there is always the members here on mx-3.com that take good care of their cars but for the average person it seems MX-3's are becoming expendable. Kind of sad to see such a great car fade away but I guess its inevitable. I love my new car but even after a year without my MX-3 I still kind of miss it.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

It's true, but the way I look at is that our cars are rare to begin with, it makes them more beautuful if you see one in good condition, even better if you see one done up, I can imagine what people think. The average person probably couldn't even know the name of an Mx-3 stock, never mind one that doesn't look like one. Even then, they would probably be amazed that's their's aftermarket for it. Plus, there'll be more spare parts for us. Us true enthousiasts rebuild them anyway, so the only once that will be left with be those worthy of them, those who take care of their Mx-3's.

But also, Mx-3's are getting dirt cheap, we should see more of them, especially in the younger generation, but I guess they'll all get Honda's, since Mx-3 and tuning (swaps, turbo's, etc) are probably little known by wanna-be tuners since Mx-3's are rarely covered in tuning magazings and TV shows. I guess i'll give more amazement when people get their asses handed to them by an Mx-3 :D
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

the total opposite in WA. i never saw any when i first got my car and i drove alot more than i do now. it seems i see them everywhere. most of the time its when im not driving the MX.
Meep

Post by Meep »

Same here, I hardly saw them when I first got my MX-3 but lately I've been seeing them around more frequently. Fortunately for me, on Friday I'll be getting me a second one and just in time since just yesterday my suspension and steering went out on my drive home from work... eek!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Over here they starting popping out everywhere..except where im at almost all of us are poor so we got alot of stock and just around.. hmm 4 mx3 that are modified to be exacy put of around 15 mx3s if not less in my city.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

In the U.S. its probably a somewhat different story, there aren't many MX-3s in the U.S. to begin with so if you bought one you are probably more likely to notice the ones that are still driving around. Overall though I hardly see any MX-3s in the U.S., even driving down to Florida a few times I saw barely any the entire way down and back and that was a few years ago even.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

YA esp when peoples trannies die and they part them out ;)
heheh
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

this is one of many things that makes car a classic
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

99% OF THE MX's I see around my town or when I'm going out of town are usually in poor condition. Out of the dozen or so MX's I've seen in my town, only 2 were looking good. One was a black GS and the other, the other was just absolutely stunning! A older lady was driving it, and it was a champange colored GS with the euro side skirts like the ones I have on mine. I was happy to see a MX in that good of shape and with those side skirts! Besides that car, I have never seen someone in my town with sideskirts besides me.
Yeah, I have a auto, but, I've now driven it all over St. Louis, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Miami OK ,and many other cities and it seems by me changing the filter and fluid every 2 months, my MX is happy. Boy do I baby her!
I'm proud to be a owner of the MX-3 just as you guys are and even when I get another car, I am keeping her. The styling is timeless inside and out and I have never been been as happy driving around in my MX with any other car I've owned.
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
PatMX3

Post by PatMX3 »

Well, in do see a few driving around my town. And also 30 miles from it.
The car is 10+ but like someone said, the true car lovers will keep em on teh road!
"93 Mazda MX-3 GS. Special Edition* 1.8L
Color -Rasberry Metallic. P-START Ignition*.
EuroLITE Dash Gauge* 77,000/m
#2nd Mx-3 Owner.
Mazda. Get in. Be M o v e d .
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

yah the mx's i see here are mainly rs if any and in crap condition.. the few gs's i have seen about 3 in good condition and 1 thats pimped...there are 2 taht need body work and new springs ahha
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

I got my MX-3 because it is rare and great looking. I dont like driving the same car as everyone else on the road, thats why I will probably never buy a Honda or Toyota. Back in 2001 when I got it, I had never seen a MX-3, but after I bought it I noticed more of them on the road. There are only like seven other MX-3s in my city, two GS, the rest are RS and all but one are stock.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Just did a nationwide search on cars.com and only 28 MX-3's were listed for sale in the U.S. - about half the number of listings seen a few years ago. Hard to believe my 95 is 11 years old. I only see a few each month on the roads around the Wash DC area, and there's like 5M ppl here. Mine still generates questions from ppl wherever I go - a sign of classic styling for a car that happened to have had low sales #'s. I see a few more when I'm around college campuses - but only a few.
Image -Jim

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”