Wiring harness. Freaky moments.

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
MechaManZero

Wiring harness. Freaky moments.

Post by MechaManZero »

Well I took the B6DE completely out today and decided I am freaking out on if I really wanna convert over to the BPT with the same harness. My friend says he will solder it all for me. He has done many Honda swaps before. Is making a 95 Mazda MX-3 wiring harness work for a BPT going to be more work than I really want to do. Want opinions before I start slamming my head into a wall. LOL. Thanks guys.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
xmaster19

Post by xmaster19 »

Find a EGT or PGT wire harness. If you dont you wont be able to use your BPT ECU. If you can't put your hand on one, get a 92-93 SOHC MX-3 harness. There is some mods to do on both harnesses, but less than for a B6-DE harness.

If you really want to reuse your B6-DE harness, you'll need to swap your B6-DE distributor in the BPT.

Hope this helps.
92 MX-3 RS RIP

94 MX-3 RS Black
Project car, hybrid B5-ZET build-up.
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

the b6 de has an internal coil in the distributor so i have to find the plug for that. You shouldnt have to swap distributors. you cna splice the one plug and put a coil there i believe. But I am more talking about matching up more like fuel injector connections and all.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
xmaster19

Post by xmaster19 »

MechaManZero wrote:the b6 de has an internal coil in the distributor so i have to find the plug for that. You shouldnt have to swap distributors. you cna splice the one plug and put a coil there i believe. But I am more talking about matching up more like fuel injector connections and all.
I've never seen anyone do this. They all put a BP harness. I'd say do what you want, but swapping over a BP harness while the engine is in took me about one hour.
92 MX-3 RS RIP

94 MX-3 RS Black
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

nice. the only problem is. having to much of a difficult time to find one. do you have any tips on where to find one
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
xmaster19

Post by xmaster19 »

Get a wire harness from a 92-93 mx-3 or from a 90-94 PGT/EGT.

Check out around you if there is any scrapyards. Maybe sum1 on the forum could sell you one. I have one but it's still in my car. I'm not sure yet if I'll need it. I'll keep you posted.

I really loved what you answered to this guy about his speedo cable lol.
92 MX-3 RS RIP

94 MX-3 RS Black
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

lol thx lmao. he doesn't belong here if he isnt going to take advise and argue but anyways. Yeah def. PM me when you find out if you need the harness or not. I really need one so friggen bad. The B6 DOHC harness is a PITA. lmao.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”