300whp drive axles

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
SuperStealth

300whp drive axles

Post by SuperStealth »

I purchased the upgraded DSS axles for my mx-3 from corksprt, and then 1 week later they told me that the company didn't want to make them anymore and that corksprt was going to remove them from their site. I already have my car torn apart down to the frame and was counting on these axles, and corksport said they don't know of anyone else that makes aftermarket mx-3 axles. I don't want to just put stock protege axles on, so does anyone know of any other place I can get some good axles?
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

time to look in the phone book. i know in my area there is a company called drivelines north west, and they do custom work. you will just have to look in your area.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: 300whp drive axles

Post by cjthor »

SuperStealth wrote:I purchased the upgraded DSS axles for my mx-3 from corksprt, and then 1 week later they told me that the company didn't want to make them anymore and that corksprt was going to remove them from their site. I already have my car torn apart down to the frame and was counting on these axles, and corksport said they don't know of anyone else that makes aftermarket mx-3 axles. I don't want to just put stock protege axles on, so does anyone know of any other place I can get some good axles?
a
After my axle fiasco they decided to no longer make em. I have a 500hp axle and it took them three tries to get it right. First they made an axle that was too short for the passenger side....then we tried no jackshaft and making one axle. That almost worked but yet again it was too short. Finally got a good one. Maybe it was cuz it was a protege tranny and a MS LSD....;)
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

They told me they would make me protege axles. I called them up. Are you sure they dont want to make them anymore? Call up the driveshaft shop up yourself man, you migt have better luck and maybe better priices indeed.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
SuperStealth

Post by SuperStealth »

ok, thanks
SuperStealth

Post by SuperStealth »

i just went to their website and realized their shop in 30 minutes from my house

haha. oh man

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”