switching drum to disc..

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
MAPEXMX3

switching drum to disc..

Post by MAPEXMX3 »

a got a 91 protege gt rear end...and im doing a change on my mx-3 drum to disc....my friend working for mazda and i sayd to me..ist a perfect fit..and is rigt...but im aving the fun of my life with the rear and bolt...the longest one on the buttom a the spindle...did some one got a good tip for me...its hell on the protege and and a bite afred to ruin my rear end....any help someone please...a good trick to keep me alive..(lol)
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Hammer it out as far as you can then cut it off. I swear that over time that thing must warp or something. I've not seen an old one that will come out. Mine took me a few hours of beating the crap out of it and then finally out of frustration I cut it and saved all the cursing.
What ended up working was to beat it out as far as I could with a nut on the threaded end to give it a larger face. Then once it would go no further I cut the head of the bolt off and then hamered the threaded side back out the opposite way.
The bolts were about 10 bucks from Mazda so I thought it was well worth cutting. It saved time, frustration, the spindle from getting beat all to crap from missing or glancing off the bolt from the hammer and the new bolt went through the spindle very easily.
my .02
I have heard of some that got it out quit easily, but then again I've heard many that that was not the case. If it gets stuck cut it. :wink:
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
MAPEXMX3

Post by MAPEXMX3 »

thank's for your reply....i will pass my frustration on that ^%$%$# bolt.... :lol:

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”