having problems

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
pontiacboy

having problems

Post by pontiacboy »

i have a 1994 mx-3 heads are warped and i was looking to replace with performance heads wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where to find the best heads and the best deals. Also i am looking for a cold air intake for the same car any suggestions.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

dont waste your money on heads, no one makes heads for our motors anyway, your best bet is to swap a klze or klde motor in, more bang for your buck, you can do the de swap for the same price of paying for head work
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
pontiacboy

yeah

Post by pontiacboy »

i heard the 2.5 is the better motor but seeing as i recieved the car for free i am wanting to see how much i can do with what is already ther. I am planning on putting a turbo either single or twin on the vehicle. i want to see just what the little 1.8 is capable of. any help finding parts to play with would be greatly appreciated though. cams, valves,pistons,rods,etc.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

It would not be worth it, you will want to get a klde or a klze, the k8 rods can only handle about 200hp then they bend usually, check your local junkyards for a de.
Bucking Bronco

Post by Bucking Bronco »

de or ze is the way to go.

I'll trade you my wifes pontiac with a cracked head for your mx3 with warped heads :lol:
Addicted to the Speed
92 MX-3 GS K8 - CAI
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

If you just want heads post a WTB in the "for sale" forum. With everyone doing ZE/DE swaps you should be able to get a decent pair of heads for cheap. You can build the heads yourself if you want, but I do agree that there is not much point. A built K8 will cost the exact same as a build DE or ZE, but the DE or ZE will make more power.
I have a mint (I mean brand new) rear head for the K8 if interested. It was a brand new from Mazda head that I got with a bunch of crates full of MX-3 parts from a local reseller. 150 plus shipping and it is yours. Email me if interested.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
KJ

Post by KJ »

I would recommend doing the de or ze swap but if you are wanting to see what you can get out of the little k8 then like Pat said do it yourself.
Btw Pat he can't post in the "for sale" forum yet due to his number of posts :lol: get those numbers up a little Pontiacboy and then post what you are wanting to buy or just buy the one off Pat he is a respected member so you probably won't get ripped off.

KJ

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”