Wet Passenger side Foot Well

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
wilko33

Wet Passenger side Foot Well

Post by wilko33 »

Hey guys, new to the forum and having searched for the answer I cant find it! Just want to know if this is a common problem or not.

Right hand drive passenger side rear footwell keeps getting wet, and when I say wet, I mean soaked. Sometimes after its rained, sometimes after I wash my car.. doesn't seam to be every time though. Any tips would be helpful...my carpet is rotting away!!!
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Was posted a few weeks ago again..

Probably the tube that drains the sunroof is clogged.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

It could also be the bottom of the drain tube has been knocked loose. The drain ends in the passanger footwell and if kicked it will pop inside the car instead of draining out the bottom of the chasis. It is a clear tube with a black rubber gromet on the end on the right side of the footwell just under the dash. It is not too hard to find if it was knocked loose. You have to take the plastce trim piece off to see it though.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

also possibly your door rubber
wilko33

Post by wilko33 »

its only the rear footwell though, not the front one. Where does the sunroof tube drain to? will try that out as soon as it stops raining!!
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

take out the back seats and carpet. You'll get a better idea then. Also possibly the seal on your hatch? could be worth a try also
ZoomZoom3

door rubber

Post by ZoomZoom3 »

Does anyone know of where i could locate some new door, and hatch rubber? the ones that are on my car just sort of hang there and im not happy with the water leaks.
Pa.MazdaMan

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”