Duped by Tiger Japanese - BEWARE KLZE SHOPPERS!!!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
suzukigirl

STAY AWAY FROM TIGER JAPANESE!!!

Post by suzukigirl »

I am having trouble dealing with these people, too! I was actually doing some internet resaerch when I came across this post!

I have an '87 RX7 turbo and ordered a 13B-T from them. First, they told me they sold my motor a week after I ordered it. Then, they "found" one after I threatened to take my business and my $1250 elsewhere. (In retrospect, I should have!)

I received the motor last Tuesday and when I was inspecting it, I fould major issues!!! First, there was rust in the cylinders. I thought that just meant it had been sitting for a LONG time, and with a little cleaning, it'd still be okay. I was ready to risk using it until the intake came off! Water actually poured out of the intake! The hose that connects the intake is full of corrosion!

The turbo pins are also missing huge chunks of metal, the fan blades are broken, but that's expected, I guess, and there are various other things wrong with it.

I HAVE PICTURES IF ANYONE WANTS TO SEE THEM! E-mail me @ suzukigirl@myway.com

Now, the guys at Tiger Japanese won't call me back or reply to my emails. (Is it just me, or is everyone there named Mike?)

I'm not sure of my next step but I am sure that I'm going to publish my pictures to my website so everyone can see what "quality motors" these guys are selling!
DoctorP

Post by DoctorP »

I agree, everyone there is named Mike, but when I had my problem he was extremely prompt to reply to calls and e-mails. He just said it was my mistake over and over ... If you bought your engine with your Visa card you may be able to get a chargeback, however we are having a hell of a time getting Royal Bank to pay attention to the "Visa E-Promise." Should Royal Bank not refund our $1050 we will be taking them to court, and I ask again if ANYONE screwed over by these guys wants to join in a class-action (even just for some cost recovery) let me know!!
Damn cars!!!
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I haven't gone through all of the pages in this thread. But after a few dealings with them I found it quite clear that one must be absolutely conversant on what they want. Meaning that they themselves must physically go and purchase the item by physically picking through or routing through their inventory. I spent A whole afternoon at Tiger Japanese sifting through the various ZE engines until I decided which tranny I wanted to remove from which ZE. You need to be forcefull and assertive with those guys. The slightest weakness shown on your part and they'll take full advantage of you. It also pays to go with another person since they are quite aware of collaborating witnesses. You must remember that this is the way some of these people grew up doing business in their native countries. It's cut-throat business and you have to be up to the challenge to meet them head on. Gotta like that aggressive wheeling and dealing.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
suzukigirl

Post by suzukigirl »

Ok, I got my site up. You can visit it at http://webpages.charter.net/ewhitledge/

As for going to Tiger Japanese, I really can't--I live in Wisconsing and it's just out of the question. I'd have bought a motor locally, however they are extremely rare in my area.
DoctorP

Post by DoctorP »

Well I can honestly say my engine was in better shape than that one! There are lots of people on this website who will back you should you choose to sue - just enter tiger into the search column and you will find lots of people who have been duped by these guys. Granted they are not the only guys who do this - JK Japanese in Vancouver is 10 times worse, we think that the JK stands for "Just Kidding." That still doesn't make it right though. I've heard JDM in Montreal is pretty good - at least they have good standing with the BBB. Check them out, not sure if they'll have what your're looking for, but they are pretty knowledgable. http://jspecautosports.com/. Also - look into the Visa chargeback option if that is how you bought the engine, then you have your money and it's up to them to get the engine back.
Damn cars!!!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”