Fina results DONE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

Fina results DONE

Post by hgallegos915 »

I AM finally happy my car is runni g even better than before... YES YES it was a glazed clutch and a DIRTY fuel filter combined with a bad front o2 sensor. YES the vris points open as vefore...first one opens at 3k rpms and second at 5 k rpms and I DO FEE THE PULL.. yopu can even hear the engine change the af ratios (the rpms rice and u get a small boost) getting constant 25 - 30 mph. Clutch was shattering first hundred miles..its quieting down. Getting some motor mounts from rebel2k and some aprts from fiero mx3//// ill will be reado for the drags again in a few weeks :) havent beat upo the clutch that ,much yet. Im happy :) for future reference... lagginess means bad fuel filter. It didnt seem clogged but you SHOULD be able to freely blow trough it like a straw. Previous one did blew trough with some resistance.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
ho bag

Post by ho bag »

Thanks for the fuel filter info :) im replacing mine next week after the current tank of gas/paint thinner mix burns off. I also experience some issues when starting, fel liek fuel preasure took a little bit to build up where it should be.

Good to hear you got it running right! Now wish me luck :lol:
2002 Mazda Protege5 (Turbo kit 75% complete)
1996 Mazda MX-3 Gs KL-ZE
1994 Mazda MX-3 Rs (BP-T?)
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

FINALLY! I always felt so bad for ya, so many probs. I had like none. : P

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

OMG i am so notorious for typos LOL i hope people understand me :P
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
2.5mazda

Post by 2.5mazda »

sweet, I just now got mine wrapped up with I beleive the same clutch and flywheel as you have, mine doesnt chatter, but it grabs very hard just above the floor. (clutchmasters stage 3) I know the feeling of actually having your car run perfectly. Mine did that for the first time in months yesterday!
good job man! Now we need some pics!
http://www.streetpsi.net

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS ZE
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

sweet now i got another problem.. ill m ake a thread
-hec

2.5mazda

Post by 2.5mazda »

he he he, no problems here! Just broke 80 miles, not one thing wrong yet! (Means I musta done somthing right huh???) :P

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS ZE
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Uhhhh, just a note, but why did you use paint thinner? It will eat every gasket it passes by... :roll:

Good deal on the motor Hector. Glad it is finally running well and hope your new problem is a simple one.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

aaa this is so annoying..i replaced tps and it still idles from 1 to 2 up and down argh
-hec

2.5mazda

Post by 2.5mazda »

my DE did that no matter what I did, lol

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS ZE
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

The only time i got fluctuating idle as bad as say 800 1500 was when i bypassed my TB coolant lines a lonng time ago before i knew anything. The IAC uses the coolant to control idle speed. Maybe your IAC is not working properly, i dontknow.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
ho bag

Post by ho bag »

PATDIESEL wrote:Uhhhh, just a note, but why did you use paint thinner? It will eat every gasket it passes by... :roll:

Good deal on the motor Hector. Glad it is finally running well and hope your new problem is a simple one.
Becasuse mixed with a full tank of gas it gets watered down enuf to not eat gaskets. Besides have you read the ingredients on paint thinner? It basically alcohol, toulene(ocatane booster and already in gas) and the rest are more stuff you already fine in injector cleaners and fuel treatment!

Except you can get 4l for $15 can VS 500ml of watered down crap for $10
1996 Mazda MX-3 Gs KL-ZE
2.5mazda

Post by 2.5mazda »

I wouldnt do it, that sounds iffy to me. Sounds like you are just HOPING that it mixes in and doesnt settle at the bottom or top or clump together.. I would have tested it in a container and mixed it up to see first. Whatever though, maybe you have done it before, I dont know, Just my thoughts. :wink:

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS ZE
ho bag

Post by ho bag »

Done it to every car ive ever owned. never once casue and issue. Only increased fuel milage.

Acutally on my old 94 nissan pickup with ka24e it got me and extra 130km a tank! but most are around 30-75k. Depends on how dirty the fuel system was. But we did work out the octane rating on my dsm once. full tank of 87 octane mixed with 4l of this gave me somewhere around 94 if i remember right. Ill look up the math if i can find it.

Trust me it dont hurt anything BUT you have to do it on a full tank.
1996 Mazda MX-3 Gs KL-ZE

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”