Toucan Strut Bars

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

ho bag wrote:Why not build one guys?

Im willing to bet it would not be hard at all to weld up your own.
simple. first of all only a handful of people here can weld or own a welder... i can but i am not equipt to weld aluminum, have never tried, and ive heard unless your a pro its the hardest kind of welding

i bet maybe 1 member here can weld aluminum half decent, probably Yoda

if you want too see what amatuer aluminum welds look like go to probetalk and see the czt prototype manifold forsale, its absolutly hideous... i wouldnt want a strut bar with welds like that

problem number 2 - bending it

besides all that, everyone loves oem parts from across the ocean :D
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Does a factory rear bar exist?
Na
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

you don't have to make it out of aluminum i'm making my own out of steel one for the rear and front. bending steel is not hard to do (if you know how, it's also not to hard to learn) all i have to do is take the extra step of painting the bar with rust prof paint ( even if it was aluminum i'd still paint it i'm not too big of a fan of aluminum or crome)

Reaper
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

Grants wrote:NO!!!! NOT WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO MAKE ME SAY!!! On the STRUTS - NOT on the body / struts!

THERE ARE NO STOCK BOLTS! The strut bar should be installed on the strut studs that protrude into the engine bay ON TOP of the existing nuts. NOT underneath. It would be stupid to alter the integity of the vehicle. Just do what Mazda did. Put it on top.

I really don't care what you do. I'm a bit sick of being questioned when I carefully consider every post I give advice in. Listen to other people if you like, I don't care. Its your car. All I can try and do is help. I can't do it for you, thats down to you.
haha simmer man the way u had it worded was confusing the hell out of me... and i just asked to confirm cuz as people posted they just put it on with the original bolts and there is no oem bar in north america so inever even knew it existed

now the thing is i was in a store and i coudlnt find a freakin bolt to fit on top...
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Damn, I just got new ones too a few weeks ago. It was metric of course, but I dont remember the size.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”