power window problems

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
homeless328

power window problems

Post by homeless328 »

the other day out of nowhere, my passenger side window would not work... ever since then it hasn't worked... anybody have any advice other than bringing it to a professional????
locutus79

Re: power window problems

Post by locutus79 »

This happened to me once and i disconnected the switch on the driver side cleaned out the relay then reattached it, somehow it had a bad connection or something and it made the on/off passenger switch stay on off. hope this helps.
ShaLLA

Post by ShaLLA »

Same thing happened to mine.. Goes down fine but not up.. Spray the switch with WD-40, wait a bit, and presto the WD-40 will get rid of the moisture in the switch... <P> Good luck..
Madjeep

Post by Madjeep »

Hey everyone, I had posted something about my drivers window going down and not coming back up. Well I have figured out the problem<BR>The switches are going bad. but if you take the swith assy. off the door and you put a negative to one red wire on the end of the connector and a +12V to the other wire next to it your window will go up. if it goes down reverse the positive and negative and the window will go in the opposite direction. I hope I've been able to help some of you's out. It sure helped me and it keeps me from spending the $170 for right now. If you have any questions. Madjeep@Yahoo.com Madjeep :D

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”