found millenia supercharger for klze, good or bad idea

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
oh-hell

found millenia supercharger for klze, good or bad idea

Post by oh-hell »

anyone know. also i was wondering if anyone ever swapped im's with the motor still in. is it even possible?
[fs] 92 MX3 gs 2.5 klze v6, Intake, Exhaust,drop zone spring{awsome},Turbo, Splitfire plugs, fmu, gauges ,drilled slotted rotors ,motegi rims,tires,Blackout lights, and a nut behind the wheel~~ so far.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

It's been discussed many times, it's not a KLZE, but a a KJ-ZEM, 2.3L Miller-Cycle supercharged engine. There are 2 main issues with this engine, first is height, it's farily tall and you'll need to customise the hood, and secondly, it only comes in automatic, so their specilation if a manual will bolt up to it.

FYI, the KJ is designed around the supercharger, it's actually part in how that engine works, it's designed for efficienty, not a sports car. I believe they say it's suppose to give the the fuel economy of a 2.0L, while the power of a 3.0L. No one had attempted it as far as I know.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:It's been discussed many times, it's not a KLZE, but a a KJ-ZEM, 2.3L Miller-Cycle supercharged engine. There are 2 main issues with this engine, first is height, it's farily tall and you'll need to customise the hood, and secondly, it only comes in automatic, so their specilation if a manual will bolt up to it.

FYI, the KJ is designed around the supercharger, it's actually part in how that engine works, it's designed for efficienty, not a sports car. I believe they say it's suppose to give the the fuel economy of a 2.0L, while the power of a 3.0L. No one had attempted it as far as I know.

I believe whats being asked is if it will bolt onto this persons klze not if the engine will fit.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Oops, my mistake :oops:
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Nope it will not bolt on to your KL.

The runners are weird shaped and everything is COMPLETELY different.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

ya hats what i was asking. i need to replace the IM and figured it might be good to have, its selling for 75.00
[fs] 92 MX3 gs 2.5 klze v6, Intake, Exhaust,drop zone spring{awsome},Turbo, Splitfire plugs, fmu, gauges ,drilled slotted rotors ,motegi rims,tires,Blackout lights, and a nut behind the wheel~~ so far.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”