Oil leaking everywhere

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
jamario

Oil leaking everywhere

Post by jamario »

I have a 93 rs and I open my hood today and found oil all over my transmission, sparks plugs, and above my headers. Can anyone tell me where the oil is leaking from?
IF LIFE DOESN'T OFFER A GAME WORTH PLAYING, THEN INVENT ONE.
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

i suggest clean it off with engine degreaser then check the oil level, top it off if need be and tnee if you can see the leak..... its hard to tell exactly where since you dont have enough detail in your description...
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: Oil leaking everywhere

Post by Josh »

jamario wrote:I have a 93 rs and I open my hood today and found oil all over my transmission, sparks plugs, and above my headers. Can anyone tell me where the oil is leaking from?
well, chances of it being your Valve cover gasket are probably 99%. if its in your plug holes and everywhere you describe then thats what it probably is, but i cant actually see it so i cant say for sure, but check that.
im2bad4ya

Post by im2bad4ya »

Can anyone else confirm this? My car is in the EXACT situation, so I plan on buying a new valve cover gasket and getting it installed some time this week.
WingleBeast

Post by WingleBeast »

if its in your park plugs thats really the only gasket it could be, since its the uppermost gasket.

just replace you valve cover gasket anyway, the thing will cost you $15 shipped, and you can do it yourself.

easy
im2bad4ya

Post by im2bad4ya »

Yup, in the spark plugs. Today, I got new Alt. Belt, P.S. Belt, Timing Belt, Valve Cover Gasket, and Engine Degreaser. Will get it all on on Friday. Will post results.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”