Um, is this car worth keeping?

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
valkyire

Re: Um, is this car worth keeping?

Post by valkyire »

hey, i know that this is an old post, but is your car still for sale? where is kirksville mo? i live in saint louis..
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

im 18 as well, first year in college and my car is beginning to look pretty good if i do say so myself,but when my parents bought my 96mx, they bought one in good condition, i know A LOT of my friends who all get cars and if there is something wrong with it(mechanically) they would buy a spoiler instead, im not really trying to get anywhere with this, but to the people who are like some of my friends, before you do all these mods to your cars, make them run perfect first, because what would only cost you $100 now, could end up costing a grand a month later, and i did not realize we had such a young crowd in here, and either did a lot of people, i thought me and polak were the youngest,lol<P> lata
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
Sean4life6

Post by Sean4life6 »

You've got mail
93 MX3 GSV6 that I am parting out<p>Sean
1x2xmx3

Post by 1x2xmx3 »

if your parents took any kind of economics in school, they would know that a car is not an "investment".an invest ment is buying a house and fixing it up, or buying a share of stock in coca~cola, these days a brand new car that leaves the lot drops like 2 grand in value. even if you turned right around and tried to sell it back to them. and with that amount of miles/km the longer you drive it the less it will be worth, once it hits that 200,000 mile marker youd be lucky to get $500. I agree with some, just fix it up just so you can get by and save up for new mx-3 or more parts for yours. and im sure some one has a parts car you could get some from off of the UBB, so you could have it on the road for not too much cash. main advice, DIY everything!!! get one of those Hayes manuals (which is a complete teardown and rebuild of the car that tells you every thing you need to know.)and read it front to back, its so much cheeper changing your oil and filters your self, same with break pads and roters. I just had a 86 VW GTI and replaced all the break lines my self, the dealer ship said it would cost $800 to start, I did it for $40 bucks and my own labor. thats the first way to save for your car. <P>smile there is hope for your machine.
its not the size of the "car" that counts, its how fast you drive it!

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”