Solo_ryder - 1992 MX-3 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
solo_ryder

Solo_ryder - 1992 MX-3 GS

Post by solo_ryder »

Ok, this is my worklog on my 1992 mx-3 with 239k on it :shock: , the k8 was smoking bad for sometime and I really worked hard to save up to get this. It has been a long journey and I have had many bad luck events, I am kinda like Hector from this board :( . Anyways, I ordered a Curve Neck from JDMSource in Calgary and being as paranoid as I was I sent it back because I thought it should be cleaner. I then received a Straight neck that was very nice looking.

I guess I am documenting a Straight Neck swap, I have a few ppl that have done it that are helping me over the net and they are a great resourse! Thanks to them. Here is my progress of it so far:

List of stuff I am to run:

KL36 ECU
Centerforce Stage 2 clutch
Royal Purple Tranny Fluids
OBX Headers
All belts and plugs etc to be replaced.

Out with the old in with the new:

Another Pic, I am usually very picky when it comes to clean motors

Here is my Straight Neck once cleaned up

I feel like a honda owner here with the VC paint

Under the VC :)

More to come soon
Last edited by solo_ryder on April 29th, 2006, 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Ok, so today I started ripping out my old motor, also got my 80a poly-urathane and new rear rotors and pads, here are some pics of the finished day of work.

Here is a pic of my urathane, the directions are so weird:

solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Today, Sunday the 30th, my dad got a pacemaker put in today :? He's ok now. Pulled the motor today, took sometime with the axles and the powersterring but got it all out, only the front motor mount was torn which is good. It seems not many people seem to notice my worklog, but thats ok, its a good place for me to keep my progress. Here are some more pics.

Out!
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

wow thats a nice new clean engine how much you pay for it and props on the work man sometimes i wish i had a V6 but sometimes i dont too ahah kudos to ya
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I like seeing worklogs like this. It's inspiring :)
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

get that new motor in there!!!!

Looking good fella :)
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

93_4Banger wrote:wow thats a nice new clean engine how much you pay for it and props on the work man sometimes i wish i had a V6 but sometimes i dont too ahah kudos to ya
I paid 1400$ CAD shipped and taxes in. I did all the painting myself. And thanks to the other guys for noticing my progress so far, it has taken me along time and to much effort and issues to do this, hopefully the thing runs good.
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

Ahhh found your worklog. Lookin good budds. Hope the tips are helping although I am sure your figuring a lot as you go along. Drop me an e-mail if in doubt but looks like your well on your way to having a great swap. Love this worklog. Great detail. Sorry to here about your Dad in the middle of all of this. Cheers
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Here are some more progress pics on May 5th, put the clutch and tranny on and put together all the other parts I needed, I had to mod the PS pump plug as it was different then it was on my harness, so I spliced the old one with another plug and it sohuld work, here are some pics:

One of my mounts:

Clutch:

Partly in:
twoie

Post by twoie »

so far looks great! Motor is spotless. Keep up with the log because I love to see the progress. Hopefully soon I'll be getting a ZE.

Twoie
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Here are some pics of the ZE in, still got the k8 mani and ecu for now:

And the car on its good side:

MX3 GSR for dummies

And How does it feal??? :D :D :D

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

It good man, I remeber when I first drove the thing it was sketchy because I thought it was gonna blow up, once I got used to it I found there is so muhc more torque, like you only have to push the pedal down half as far to get going anywhere, even with my mounts the the motor jerks back and forth allot. Gotta figure that out.
MX3 GSR for dummies

solo_ryder wrote:even with my mounts the the motor jerks back and forth allot. Gotta figure that out.
I already did, its called ZE power baby!!!!!! 8)

Good to here your smilin. Now the fun begins....get the ecu changed before the fun begins. I am being sarcastic when I say fun...

And what about the manifold fitting??????

solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

MX3 GSR for dummies wrote: And what about the manifold fitting??????
You know, I can make it fit, but the way that the motor moves and the effort that I have to do to make that happen I would rather have something that would just drop in, another main thing is that I would like to keep my battery in its current location as I have enough dead weight in the back as it is with my subs. But I know how the IM will fit so its not that I can't do it, just that I don't want to at this time.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”