Ordering my KLZE in a couple weeks

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
2.5mazda

Ordering my KLZE in a couple weeks

Post by 2.5mazda »

Is there anything I need to know? Any place in particular to go or to stay away from? Anything else I will need going from a 2.5 probe GT engine to the KLZE?

thanks, Marc :wink:
http://www.streetpsi.net

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS ZE
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

The ECU , Motor and the VAF/MAF should be about it. unless it's already a JE-50 then yu can use your stock MAF/VAF
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: Ordering my KLZE in a couple weeks

Post by jschrauwen »

2.5mazda wrote:Is there anything I need to know? Any place in particular to go or to stay away from? Anything else I will need going from a 2.5 probe GT engine to the KLZE?
thanks, Marc :wink:
Not unless you didn't do the original 2.5lt swap in the first place. If so, than a healthy day or so reading up on swaps from the old posts, FAQ's and stickied threads and home page too. Don't know of any midwest suppliers at this point.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

i picked my ZE up locally here in Chicago. maybe they could ship to you for a decent price, since IA's not that far off. it's called eric japan motors, and they have import stuff ONLY, and the guy is actually a japanese guy. so i dont think theres much worry about getting stuck with a DE
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
chertel

Post by chertel »

Sorry to bud into the post, just a quick question. I just went to tiger japanese auto. What is the diff between the two jdm klze's other than the price $700 for the curved neck and $890 for the straight neck ze.
thanx.
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

the cheaper one's not actually a ZE, it seems:

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=50706

i'm a little surprised that john reccommended them, since it seems to me like they've got something of a sketchy track record
chertel

Post by chertel »

Thanx for the info, I think I'll stay with jdmsource in Calgary for my engine since they are close to me, I am in edmonton and they are in calgary. Its hard to choose who to get an engine from when you cant get to the shop to check out the engine for yourself so I have to put my trust into whoever I choose.
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

i'm surprised john would recommend tiger as well, he knows what happened with me......i know that i'll never send anyone there as a customer, wether they know what to look for or not.

they screwed me and i'm sure they'll likely screw others. wouldn't want that on other ppl
Jay72

Post by Jay72 »

RacerX wrote:The ECU , Motor and the VAF/MAF should be about it. unless it's already a JE-50 then yu can use your stock MAF/VAF
Don'd forget the coolant filler neck swap from the old engine if you get a KLZE without the sensor. Believe me, while the engines are out, swap it and it'll make your life so much easier. Oh, and fill your engine mounts if you plan on keeping them. I wish I did. :(
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

HAhah maybe john was in on it...just kiddin'.

The difference between the 700 dollar one and the other 890 is because the straight neck has more agressive cams. If you want the straight neck, (bit more power) then you'll need a millenia IM. If you get a curve, then your good to go, but you won't have the agressive cams.

Search it up man, and good luck.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Deimos wrote:i'm surprised john would recommend tiger as well, he knows what happened with me......i know that i'll never send anyone there as a customer, wether they know what to look for or not.
they screwed me and i'm sure they'll likely screw others. wouldn't want that on other ppl
Unfortunately, until there's a better supplier, meaning has a resonable supply of engines, tiger japanese may be a better option. They have the experience to ship around the world too. My second trip there to get the LSD went flawless....why??? because I went there knowing exactly what I wanted and knew exactly what to say and ask for. It is unfortunate that ey will take advantage of unsuspecting customers or those that are not well versed or educated in dealing in these sort of circumstances. Ian, you were not the first and probably not the last dissatisfied customer, that said, they probably have more satisfied than dissatisfied customers or they wouldn't be able to remain in business. Being forwarned, well versed and all knowing as to what to buy or ask for is the key here.
chertel

Post by chertel »

I do have a curved neck manifold but no tb. So the straight neck engine has more agressive cams, thanx I didnt know that.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

youll be amazed how easy the swap is :)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

Vanished wrote:HAhah maybe john was in on it...just kiddin'.

The difference between the 700 dollar one and the other 890 is because the straight neck has more agressive cams. If you want the straight neck, (bit more power) then you'll need a millenia IM. If you get a curve, then your good to go, but you won't have the agressive cams.

Search it up man, and good luck.
what do you mean the cams are more agressive on the straight neck arent the all kl-31 cams on ze motors??????? explain please.....
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”