Leather re-upholstery for 92-93 MX-3 Seats -$395 / set.

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
mx3gsr

Leather re-upholstery for 92-93 MX-3 Seats -$395 / set.

Post by mx3gsr »

Hi guys,
Long time, no see ;)
I'm trying to guage interest in some custom leather re-covers for the 92-93 style seats.
I had a extra set of seats from an old project car, so I had some prototype covers made up from the OEM pattern. These are real leather re-covers to replace the ugly OEM cloth.
The pictures from my camera are bad, they really don't do these covers justice. They are jet black with a very nice OEM look and feel. Top knotch work done by a friend of mine. I'll have better pictures and pictures installed by the end of the week. These are not "pull over" covers, they require removing the stock cloth before installation. Professional installation would be best, but hardcore DIY guys should have no trouble. It's an afternoon job on these cars...
If I can get 10 people interested, I can have a batch of these made up at a cost of $395 per pair, plus about $40 shipping within North America. Production time will be about 3-4 week after we get enough people. PM me with your name and email address if you are interested.
If there is enough interest, I'll talk to Jeff about starting a thread in the Group Buy section. If we can get 10+ people for 94+ style seats I can look into that also, but I'd have to get a set of seats to make patterns from first.

Best Regards,
Sean

Last edited by mx3gsr on May 19th, 2006, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1992 MX-3 GS-R 2.5L Turbo - retired 2001 :(
13.8@107mph
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

looks nice :)

I`d be interested if I still had the stock seats :)

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
infiniGTR

Post by infiniGTR »

Id have to see installed pics first.

No covers for the rear seat?
2003 Subaru WRX
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Hmm right on time. I was just about to order some fabric to make new covers myself.

400 sounds more than fair for a front set. Is there an option of color or just black at that price?

You can count me in for a set depending on a few factors. I'll need custom colors and some extra fabric to make the door panel inserts and rear seat unless you can get the rear seat covers too.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Why are you charging $40 shipping for fabric?
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
mx3gsr

Post by mx3gsr »

2fazed wrote:Why are you charging $40 shipping for fabric?
Because from expereince, that's what it will cost. Grab four large leather jackets, put them in a properly packed box and see how big it is. Now add the cost of the box, packing foam, my time, and unknown courier rates with insurance for all 48 states.

If you don't like the price, please feel free to join the other group buy.
13.8@107mph
mx3gsr

Post by mx3gsr »

PATDIESEL wrote: 400 sounds more than fair for a front set. Is there an option of color or just black at that price?
This is a Henry Ford special. You can have any color you want, as long as you want Black.

In my experience, it is nearly impossible to properly color match the interior to the exterior colors anyways. Any if it's off even a bit it looks ugly, IMHO. So black it is. Adding color options would also negate any cost and production savings which make this a deal in the first place. Sorry!

For the rears, I'm looking into it. Again, if there is enough interest, it can probably be done for ~$250-300 for the rear bench in real leather.
13.8@107mph
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

MMmm, Thanks for the Henry special lol.

I gotta have colors. I'm not matching anything, but I am only doing this once and I have set my mind on two tone seats.

Hope it works out for others though.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Post by MX-3.com »

mx3gsr, please contact me with regards to this. There are rules to follow when initiating Group Buys on MX-3.com, and we need to discuss them in further detail.

Post is locked temporarily pending our discussion.

Regards,
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Post by MX-3.com »

Post has been reopened/unlocked.

mx3gsr, I'll be in touch with you by the weekend, and will reply to your e-mail. :D Sorry for the original locking of the thread. :oops:
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

i wanna see these bad boys installed then ill make my decision because those are sexy o very sexy
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

yeah i'm defantly interested...i asked braithwaites here in saskatoon and they said that for leather re upholstering, it woudl be 1800 for front and back....outragiouse...but this on the other hand is just what i need. mmm...sexy seats...
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
mx3gsr

Post by mx3gsr »

Sorry guys, I had a busy week & I was out of town on the weekend.

I will post more pictures installed in the next few days, thanks for your patience...
13.8@107mph
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

nice im interested in this a little more cost effective then the other one
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

PATDIESEL wrote:Hmm right on time. I was just about to order some fabric to make new covers myself.

400 sounds more than fair for a front set. Is there an option of color or just black at that price?

You can count me in for a set depending on a few factors. I'll need custom colors and some extra fabric to make the door panel inserts and rear seat unless you can get the rear seat covers too.
I already did order it. I'm with you with the color. I've got enough black in my interior. I'm doing an electric blue in the contact points, and black trim all around. But I'm going to have my wife do the door panels front and rear, rear seat also.

But I do think $400 is fair if it's half decent leather and you don't have access to a seamstress with a machine.

Return to “New Product Development”