KLDE IM on KFZE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
rowdyPGT

KLDE IM on KFZE

Post by rowdyPGT »

ok, ihave a kfze on my probe, and i have a klde IM, because i could not get the KFZE IM to work with the probe, sicne the IM had some connections that the car didnt and vice versa.

so i want to get a kf15-kf01 ecu, and je50 vaf... but if im still runnin the klde IM, would i feel a difference in power, or would i loose power?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well i got somke more power of the kfze when i got the im for the de, im sure it would get more power with its propper manifoild.. i dont have the kf01 ecu its the other one. engine feels nice.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
rowdyPGT

Post by rowdyPGT »

im sorry i could not understand your post very well...what u are saying is that when u put the kf01 ecu with the klde mani you had smoke? and that it runs better with the klde ecu and klde mani?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

sorry i mea i have klde manifold and kfze eci NON kf01 and it kicks behind. Its nice.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Do you find your probe slower or quicker with the kfze? (compared to the stock klde)
rowdyPGT

Post by rowdyPGT »

well my probe when i had it. it had inatke and test pipe. and it was great. now hat i did the kfze swap, i added headers,2.25 echaust mani, test pipe.cai, IM pheno spacers. and new stock spec clutch...

and the kfze seems slower on low rpms, but in high rpms pulls way harder than the klde
rowdyPGT

Post by rowdyPGT »

hgallegos915 what ecu are you running. i tought u had kf01 since it siad it on ur sig...

and is the kf15 and kf01 different ecus?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Im kf15.. i mesed up..im also confused ..my cams read KF01 ... i need to update signature.
-hec

rich-k
BANNED Member

Post by rich-k »

ttt
rich-k
BANNED Member

Post by rich-k »

i think it would net you more power with the right chip
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

but what IS the right chip? i got the round runner 160 hp version
-hec

rowdyPGT

Post by rowdyPGT »

i do have the 160hp version...so what ecu is the right one? kf01 or kf15...there is a guy in pt that saiys kf01 is the right one but i dont know.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

kf01=auto kf15=standard tranny
rowdyPGT

Post by rowdyPGT »

^^^oh ok thank you so much..i know this is gonna sound stoopid , but the autto ecu wont work on a 5spd tranny
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

mxmaz wrote:kf01=auto kf15=standard tranny
The Lantis KF01 ecu comes from teh European Astina version of the KF from what i understand. The Kf15 comes from the Lantis Kfze from japan from what i have gathered from being on the 323f/lantis boards and talking to multiple malaysia kf swapers the correct ecu to use is the KF15 which can be found in both AUTO and NON auto vehicles, I dunno if its found in the Lantis R though
Last edited by Mnemonic on April 22nd, 2006, 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”