Need suggestions......

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Chiggles

Need suggestions......

Post by Chiggles »

Hi guys, been months since I've been on here cuz it's been a quiet winter and World of Warcraft has been sapping WAAAYYY too much of my spare time. :P

Anyway, I have a whole bunch of new maintenance to do this spring and need help with what parts to get. My ride makes crazy clicking noises 95% of the time I make right turns, and maybe 15% when I turn left, so I'm thinking most likey it's my whole CV axles and not so much the CV joints. Just to make sure, there's no such thing as one make of CVs being better than another, right? These are just standard replacement parts I can get from Napa or whoever?

Also, before winter started when I had my tires rotated, I noticed 2 of my stock struts are leaking/blown. I'm not looking for a major performance upgrade since I don't race with my ride, nor do I have a desire to lower my car either. I know, I'm pretty boring, but there's just SOO many parkades, friend's driveways, etc. that I frequently go to that I keep scraping on the underside of my bumper with that it just annoys me too much.... I can only hear that scratching sound so many times before I cringe. So, that said, what's a good stock replacement set-up for springs and struts for us? I imagine OEM Mazda would be an arm, a leg, and a left nut for.... I recall KYB to be a good stock replaement??? :? Help please.
What I drive: A Cybertronian disguised in the form of a Creek Blue Mica 95 MX-3 GS. :driver:
Long term goal: Fabricating a new transformation cog! :welder:
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

KYB gr2 are an excellent stock replacement, youre right

cheap too
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

KYB GR2, or you can do what I did and picked up Gabriel struts for a 1993 Mazda Protege. There were a crap load of the Gabriel Ultra on eBay for a while, and I got my fronts brand new for like $70 shipped. That's about $40 cheaper than what I could have got the KYB2 for anywhere.

And there are better CV than others, but it's hit or miss since some companies like NAPA or Autozone may have more than one rebuilder sending them product, and they just slap it in thier own box. But if you make sure you've got a lifetime warranty, you're set in case you get a bum one.
Chiggles

Post by Chiggles »

Thanks for the quick replies, guys. So now that the struts are picked out, what are good stock replacement springs?

As far as the CV axles go, lifetime warranties are fine and everything, but of course it's better peace of mind when they're not remanufactured or rebuilt ones. Does anyone know of a make of CV axles that are brand new?
What I drive: A Cybertronian disguised in the form of a Creek Blue Mica 95 MX-3 GS. :driver:
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

For springs, why not get stock used GS springs? I'm sure someone on the for sale forum is ditching them cheap?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Springs don't really go bad. Especially if you are only looking to keep a stock feel. No company makes a stock spring that I have ever seen. So unless yours are rusting or badly pitted they shold be fine. I'd suggest getting new upper strut mounts while you are doing all this. Surely the rubber is wearing out and it would be much easier to replace now.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
2.5mazda

Post by 2.5mazda »

I just bought axles for my 2.5 mx-3 brand new. The reman ones were a little cheaper, I think I paid 130.00 a peice for them. I had a local shop order them for me, I can see where they got them exactly if you would like.
Chiggles

Post by Chiggles »

Nobody around town seemed to have a listing for the CVs on a 95, BUT they did have a listing for a 94. Can anyone confirm for me whether or not the CV's from a 94 GS will fit the same as a 95 GS please?

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”