Wow they are still trying to sue me

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Cy

Post by Cy »

mr1in6billion wrote:
Cy wrote:They exsist to make rich people more rich... and to steal from people who don't get into accidents and give to those who say they do...
They exist so that if I total some guys $50K car I won't be paying that debt for the next 30 years of my life. The reason they charge up the a-- is because people (like the guy driving the truck) rip the insurance companies off all the time.
I dunno how old you are...but if you invested the sum of what you've paid for house,car(s),life,etc,etc... over the course of you life... in most cases it's not worth the coverage..

i mean for the first 15 years it is.. but then it's not.. also by then your not going tobeable to gross enough income to bank that much cash...it's a win/loose situation... Insurance company's can claim they're getting robbed by idiots who scam them... either way their NOT paying out as much as they're getting in..
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Cy wrote:
mr1in6billion wrote:
Cy wrote:They exsist to make rich people more rich... and to steal from people who don't get into accidents and give to those who say they do...
They exist so that if I total some guys $50K car I won't be paying that debt for the next 30 years of my life. The reason they charge up the a-- is because people (like the guy driving the truck) rip the insurance companies off all the time.
I dunno how old you are...but if you invested the sum of what you've paid for house,car(s),life,etc,etc... over the course of you life... in most cases it's not worth the coverage..

i mean for the first 15 years it is.. but then it's not.. also by then your not going tobeable to gross enough income to bank that much cash...it's a win/loose situation... Insurance company's can claim they're getting robbed by idiots who scam them... either way their NOT paying out as much as they're getting in..
hahahahahaha..... Have you ever watched a 14 million dollar mansion fall into the sea? That's what insurrance is for. Sure, chances are you will pay the insurrance company more than you would owe normally, but they arn't there to hold your money, they are there to help you out when life takes a crazy and unexpected turn.

If you get in a serious accident the money can really stack up. Say your driving about 25mph down a hill and a tire blows, you lose control and smash into someones living room injuring an old man who was reading a book. You have to buy the man a new living room (thats a lot of money), and pay his medical bills (medical bills can be hundreds of thousands of dollars if he needs surgery or intensive care), then there is the possibility of him sueing for lost wages, pain and suffering, missed travel plans. It's not unusual to have a major accident cost a couple hundred thousand.

I don't know about you, but I sure as hell don't have that kind of money. Judging by your age, I would assume you don't have that kind of money either. Yes, I pay the price of my car to my insurrance company every year, but thats a hell of a lot better than paying nothing a month and having to possibility of being charged a quarter of a million for a mistake.
Cy

Post by Cy »

my car's going tobe insured for about 1000 dollars :D... w00t

Move to canada.. as long as you have insurance and you didn't intentionally drive into his living room.. ur free and clear.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well hehe it was an umbrella international insurance 100 dlrs a year, this was when i used to be a mexican national. Since then I already became a citizen of the us and have a totally diff insuranse company. I dont have the old insurance comapny.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
shanetb

Post by shanetb »

Cy: Insurance company's aren't there for your safety from idiots who sues because they didn't see the truck you were driving when they walked into the street..

I completely agree, why is it that if you get in an accident your premiums automaticaly increase. Isn't that why we have insurance. If you have to pay for it anyway then just save your damn money and hope you don't crash. I know this sounds Communist, but the insurance companies wouldn't have the foothold they do if it wasn't for the government mandating insurance. It is like buying a house and getting a loan. You pay the loan off in 10 years and then get a bill in the mail saying you have to pay for it again.
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

shanetb wrote:Cy: Insurance company's aren't there for your safety from idiots who sues because they didn't see the truck you were driving when they walked into the street..

I completely agree, why is it that if you get in an accident your premiums automaticaly increase. Isn't that why we have insurance. If you have to pay for it anyway then just save your damn money and hope you don't crash. I know this sounds Communist, but the insurance companies wouldn't have the foothold they do if it wasn't for the government mandating insurance. It is like buying a house and getting a loan. You pay the loan off in 10 years and then get a bill in the mail saying you have to pay for it again.
I think both of you kids need to look up the word insurance and then take a basic economics class.

Like I stated before, the reason you have insurance is because life is unpredicatble. If you whack me and your bill comes up to be a 1/4 of a million, what are you going to do about it? I know what i'd do. I'd take your car, i'd take your home, and if that doesn't pay my bills, then i'll garnish your wages.

Right now I pay 1500 a year for 100K/100K liability. That means my insurance company will pay up to (roughly) 200K to the other party if I get in an accident that was my fault. At my current rate of pay (which is slowly decreasing as insurance premiums do) it would take me 133 years before they get 200K out of me. Considering I don't plan to live past 150, that sounds like a damn good deal to me.

As for having Government run insurance. It's bassically the same thing, except you pay for it in your taxes. It's a lot like medical insurance. Here in the states we pay for our medical insurance (we'll, generally your employer does). I know that quite a few other countries have government run health care. They can do that because they tax their people for it. They pay the same as I do, it's just a different name on the check.

To Hec
In california the statute of limitations for claiming bodily injury is a year (IIRC). I would imagine it is similar in texas. G'luck with the case.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

We do need insurance companies, but their rates are insane and thats why they profit billions of dollars each year. There is no way you can say insurance compaines dont rip people off.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”