Headgasket

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Macpherson MX-3

Headgasket

Post by Macpherson MX-3 »

hey everyone. want I would like to know is want headgasket should I use on my ZE. I am looking at a felpro gasket set but I do not know if they are any good on the ZE and I do plan on boosting my ZE. want do you think I should use? looking to get my car back on the road in a week or two so need to find a good one fast.
MX-3
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

get the mazda headgaskets, they've been proven to be really strong. I always used these each time I took my heads off and running on boosted engines and it always held great
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

The Felpro kit is fine. Price the one for the 93 Ford Probe V6 and the one for a 95 Mazda Millenia 2.5L. See if there's a price difference. The Millenia head gasket kit will come with the correct intake manifold gaskets, whereas with the Probe kit you'd need to get intake manifold gaskets for the Millenia seperate.
Macpherson MX-3

Post by Macpherson MX-3 »

Thanks for the help I went with the felpro gasket set it was alot cheaper than the one that mazda makes. The car is finally not overheating and is running great.
MX-3
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

i read somewhere that the 2.5 duratec fel pro gaskets are a perfect match for kl heads and are cheaper than the gaskets available kl's.

ill see if i can find the the place i read it. i think it was on pt...
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Steeb wrote:i read somewhere that the 2.5 duratec fel pro gaskets are a perfect match for kl heads and are cheaper than the gaskets available kl's.

ill see if i can find the the place i read it. i think it was on pt...
maybe you're confused with Duratec fel pro valve seals. I wrote that on PT some time ago. They are indeed swapple and are an upgrade for stock valve seal.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

well, if it was you than i guess you are probably right about it.
Dom

Post by Dom »

if its just the headgasket its the same as mx6/probe/2.5millena....and i would go with the oem one
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

The last time I had a -ZE valve spring retainer let go I used a copper head gasket with stainless steel O ring seals laminated into them. Unfortunately they are not a commercial item, The advantages of having friends that own various manufacturing companies, in this case an industrial gasket company. I was able to have Gary's production people make up the gaskets for me instead of waiting for monday when the auto parts store opened again the last time it happened.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

http://www.headgasket.com/index.html

this company can make a custom copper gasket for you if you know the thickness of the stock gasket. i was going to get a custom gasket for my other ze but i didnt have the time to do it.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Yoda wrote:The last time I had a -ZE valve spring retainer let go I used a copper head gasket with stainless steel O ring seals laminated into them. Unfortunately they are not a commercial item, The advantages of having friends that own various manufacturing companies, in this case an industrial gasket company. I was able to have Gary's production people make up the gaskets for me instead of waiting for monday when the auto parts store opened again the last time it happened.
can you get those again ?
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Flatlander Racing can get you custom thickness/bore copper head gaskets as well. I believe it's like $90 each for our cars or something like that.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

Steeb wrote:http://www.headgasket.com/index.html

this company can make a custom copper gasket for you if you know the thickness of the stock gasket. i was going to get a custom gasket for my other ze but i didnt have the time to do it.
i believe they do o rings also
bigcg34

headgasket

Post by bigcg34 »

I work at Partsource, here are some prices for gasket sets, we stock the FelPro Gasket Sets. Same parts are used for the 93 probe and 95 millenia.
VENDOR FELPRO
PART NUMBER F10VS50426R
APPLICATION GASKETS OEM, 1993, FORD, PROBE, V6-2497 2.5L DOHC
> Valve Cover Gasket Set w/ISOLATORS & GROMMETS PERMADRY MOLDED RUBBER GSKTS INCL MUST BE USED w/MS 95422
RETAIL PRICE 127.40 CDN

VENDOR FELPRO
PART NUMBER F10HSU8726
APPLICATION GASKETS OEM, 1993, FORD, PROBE, V6-2497 2.5L DOHC
> Head Set HEAD BOLTS, EXH PIPE PACKING, HEAD GSKT, POSITIVE CONTROL EXH VALVE STEM SEALS & UPPER INT MFLD GSKT NOT INCL USE w/BOLT PREP GRA2 USE w/INST AID RED3, BLU4, YEL5
RETAIL PRICE 59.84 CDN
94 MX-3 GS, Clarion Head - DXZ855MP, 2X 12" MTX, 1200Watt Rockford Anp, Alpine Type S 6.5" Front and rear, Blue neon interior.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”