engine light

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Marts

engine light

Post by Marts »

guys another problem im having

the enginer light is on now I was told it was an exaust sensor when i touch the breaks the engine rpm goes up and down for awhile not sure about this one

ty
dtfbrad

Post by dtfbrad »

i'm having the same problem with the rpms but my engine light doesn't come on
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

u mean ur 02 sencer.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Marts

Post by Marts »

nah my o2 sensor is new and i did reset the engine light but the engine light is on and the rpms goes all funky when i touch the breaks
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

u did state an exhaust senser be more specfic yr, type or engine do a self diagnostic see what code u get. Engine bay open daignostic box put a paper clip on grd and ten set ur car on ignishion. If u have a code ur CEL will flash and if u don't them nothing will flash. CEL(check engine light) quick flashes mean 1-9 code 2 or 3-6-8. For codes 10-19 it will flash for a sec for a code 10 and followed by quick flashes for like a code 17. the higher the code is followed my a sec flash followed by another sec flash like a code 20. hope u get the point. try it out see what kind of code ur pulling.
Last edited by Limegreen mx-3 on April 16th, 2006, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Marts

Post by Marts »

ya thats one of the things i was told that could be wrong but makes no sense that when im on the breaks that the rpms would go up and down
shanetb

brake rpm

Post by shanetb »

I don't think the increase of rpm when you brake has anything to do with the engine light. My rpms increase when i brake, turn on the AC, ect. it's just because it is a nutless car.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”