KL-ZE help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Macpherson MX-3

KL-ZE help

Post by Macpherson MX-3 »

I hav just swaped from a k8 to a kl-ze and i have one mystery. There is one vac line , that comes from a round (what i believe to be an airperssure sensor unit) cylinder beside the passenger side strut mount . where does the other end plug into (when it is idiling at 800 rpm and is given gas it bogs out, i ran the engine codes it comes up as something wrong with vacume.
MX-3
precidian

Post by precidian »

That round cylinder you speak of is actually for cruise control. That would need to be hooked up if you want to use cruise.

Which engine code did you get when you checked?
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

We also need to know where you are from and what intake manifold you are using.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Macpherson MX-3

sorry for taking so long to get back, was working on the car. I found where the line goes, the problem was the fact that i had 2 wires mixed up. Now here is the bigger problem: i took her for a drive and about 20mins into the drive it starts overheating, we do know that the fan isnt working
the ze is straight neck
MX-3
twoie

Post by twoie »

did the fan work prior to the swap? Do you have power at the harness plug?

twoie
Macpherson MX-3

I am getting power to the harness but the fan is not working so buying a new one. The one thing that I would like to know is way does the ZE over heat when the car is moving my old K8 did not and the fan was not working
MX-3
Macpherson MX-3

Got the fan working but it did not stop the overheating can someone help because when it is not overheating the ZE is way better then I have hope and I wont to get back on the road
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

You may be well served to provide the info that Pat asked for. Where you live (ie, LHD/RHD). Wild guess here, you're a RHD since you said you've utilized the straight neck IM (Also known as the lonh neck). Between the FAQ's and the past posts and links in the main page, you should also know the necessity to have the correct water thermosensors for the ZE. Can't recall completely but either the MS8 or the Eunos800 ZE engine does have the correct corresponding water thermosensors while the other doesn't. IDepending on which, it may be necessary to import the water thermosensor/filler mount from the K8 to the ZE. This has been mentioned by myself and others in previous posts. Aside from thermosensors, has eveything else been correctly adjusted. A lean running engine will run excessively hot also. I find a very strange correlation that prior to ZE install your fan did not work and that perhaps you thought it would be remedied through the ZE install process??? Are you properly flushing the cooling system? Is there adequate pressure in the rad hoses when the engine is at operating temp? Ie, when the thermostat is open? No mention that you've checked the thermostat.. Hell, for the money, change it on spec anyway and put that potential out of the way.
Again, best served to get better responses from membership by filling in completely where you are from as well, fill in something in your profile that will list year, transmission, mods etc. This goes a long way to narrowing the responses to better solve your problems. Take the time to fill it out and we'll take the time to offer assistance. Good luck.

John
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Macpherson MX-3

I got a new thermostat but that did nothing and did check all the thing that you talk about. anyways I got a mechanic to look it over and he think it is the headgasket but it is not losing any anti freeze that I know about I look online for a new headgasket but it was all most $500 and I do know that it is a really big job to change it. For where I live is in Canada,Halifax I think that want you wont to know new to the net. I will least want I have done to the car when i have it on the road but the motor is stock for know have some plans when the car stop overheating. want do you think it could be because $500 is a lot because I am in school and it is hard to make cash when I am there all the time. Do they make a headgasket for less cash.
MX-3
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Mr Macpherson, I have a difficult time understanding your last post. Perhaps you could try it again. I'm not sure if it's a language thing or not. There is a reason why I made those suggestions and it's completely up to you as to making it easier/harder in solving your problems.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Macpherson MX-3

No its not a language thing I am tire of working on the car all I would like to know is if a bad headgasket would make it overheat and how can I tell if my headgasket is bad or not and is there any thing beside want you said before I am willing to do anything and how hard is it to put a new headgasket in the ZE
MX-3

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”