MX-3.com needs YOUR HELP!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

MX-3.com needs YOUR HELP!

Post by Custommx3 »

Mx-3.com could in the near future be gone. Jeff did not ask me to do this, I am doing it as a friend of him and as a fellow Mx-3er to all of you. I myself own 2 mx-3's and I really enjoy this site. The truth is Jeff will be buying a house soon and getting married right after that. I know it can be expensive, because I am about to go through the same thing myself. This site pulls ALOT of traffic and is getting expensive to maintain due to the large amount of bandwidth it pulls as well as size of the site is increasing everyday. Jeff loves mx-'3s as well as I and all of you do, but spending his own money for a website that everyone uses for free is cool, but get s expensive. <BR> In the upper right hand corner of your screen you'll see a picture that says "MAKE A DONATION". If you would like to see this site stay up, please help Jeff out by making a donation to pay for the hosting. If you don't have a Pay-pal account, simply sign up, takes just a min or two. I myself have donated several times for the cause, but my donations alone arent enough. <BR> Whatever amount you decide to donate, be it $1 dollar(minimum) rememeber that paypal deducts like 40 cents per transaction, so he'd only get 60 cents from you. <BR> I myself use this site every day and enjoy it very much, and I'd like to see it stay, but its up to you guys/gals to help us keep this great site alive. The money is non-profit, it all goes to pay the bill for the hosting fees, and is kept and used ONLY to pay for this site. <BR>HELP OUT JEFF - Sorry if this bothers you Jeff, but I want to see this website here for a long time and probably do others. thanks for everything Jeff!
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Re: MX-3.com needs YOUR HELP!

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

i've waited for the day that this site would be in trouble. i'm all for helping out. is there anyway i can send money w/o using paypal? i'm only 17 and w/o a credit card.<BR>please let me know the other methods of donating.
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

I also would like to help but is there any other than paypal? :confused:
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
Nottahonda

Post by Nottahonda »

Good luck to you Jeff. I hope this is enough for now! This website has been godsent for me, and hundreds more of us MX-3 enthusiasts. Please don't feel bad about asking for our assistance to keep this thing going! I hope everyone will follow Barry's example and help out when they can! Just think what would you do if this site wasn't here!!!! :( Cheers.
Casey Guthrie
[email]goesfast@theraces.com" target="_blank[/email]
powerman_5000

Post by powerman_5000 »

Heres an idea. You should make MX-3.com stickers and sell them for like $10 or $12. That way you'll be able to support the site.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I myself have mentioned it to him.. but it takes money to get that started.<p>[ October 25, 2001: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

why not try to see if they will sponsor this site by putting up a banner for their company and in return, give a discount on the stickers? i know they do it for car clubs...why not a website? just my .02
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Justin Evans

Post by Justin Evans »

ABSOLUTELY!!! :) :D <P>This site is the only place on the web that I've been able to find that gives me all the information I need to know about my MX-3 and even stuff I didn't know I needed to know! The only other places are sites of avid MX-3.com supporters and I would have never found them without links from this site.<P>You've got my support 100%. I would even be willing to pay for use of MX-3.com if need be, you might want to think about this as an option. Another suggestion would be to invest in your own server, of course this is not an immediate option due to the need of some serious overhead but this would save you some heavy fees in the long run.<P>I would absolutely hate to see this site go down!! :cool: and good luck!!
Quartermaster92Y@hotmail.com
***DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!***
KingFisher

Post by KingFisher »

Hey Jeff I sent you an e-mail,, and my donation should be on it's way soon!! I think that everyone on this site can afford at least 5 dollars,, If you can drive a car you can do this and if you have even learned one thing from this site it would cool for more people to donate!!! <BR> :cool: :cool: :cool:
ANDREW*<BR>1996 Mazda MX-3 GS
Justin Evans

Post by Justin Evans »

I'm sorry I just had to post another Reply.<P>I urge you guys, MX-3.com only gets paid per click on the ads (located at the top of the Main page and the Bulletin).<P>So, click away! What harm is it doing you, even if your not interested just make it a habbit to click once, twice, or a zillion times and let it run in the background while you surf. :D
Quartermaster92Y@hotmail.com
***DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!***
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

if someone were to come up with a design for a banner or sticker, i will order them in groups of 20 (largest per order shipment my provider will send me) and ship to those people interested in purchasing them. Payments for the stickers will be made directly to Jeff through paypal or alternate means. I would love to say i have the time to contribute more, but with work and my business i cant come up with designs and implementation. I get a discount on custom vinyl because of my buisness. The price of the stickers should be determined by someone else, because i dont wanna be blaimed for any mishandling of funds. So if someone wants to plan this thing seriously... i'll contact my distributor
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”