Ford 1.9 L oil filter

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Ford 1.9 L oil filter

Post by mitmaks »

Ive got this ford tracer 1.9L I4 oil filter and I thought maybe it would fit on my GS 1.8L it looks 1/4 bigger than k8 filter I usually buy at parts stores. So I guess next time when changing oil Ill see if itll work.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

get a 93 corvette ZR-1 filter & use it. costs the same, and is at least double the size of your stock filter. I use them all the time.

Or if you can't find one (they are kinda hard to get unless you goto a carpart store), get a Festiva filter which is the same filter most hondas use. Very common & easily found in wal-mart in mass quantities. I use these too when I can't find a ZR1 filter.

BTW: Walmarts SUper-tech brand is actually good to use. Just avoid any form of FRAM filters or penzoil (also frams). Any champion or purolator is a good bet, and if you have cash to spare, K&N, Mobil 1 or Bosch are the best you can get, but cost 8-12 each :(
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Why not Fram filters?
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Trevor wrote:Why not Fram filters?
generally bad design and bad filtration compared to K&N and other top of the line filters
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

K&N are not worth the money, get a purolator pure-one. They are the best bang for the buck. The fram filters use cardboard endcaps. Which the bypass valve is glued to. And like 60% of the time, the bypass valve opens way before the filter is even close to plugged. So you run without filtered oil. The purolators are metel endcaps and the bypass valve is welded to that so it won't open until it absolutly need to. The K&N filters aren't bad, but they aren't any better than the purolator pure-one, which is $5, compared to $10.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
sweetmx3

Post by sweetmx3 »

i usely go to mazda and get one from there 7cdn. :D
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

buy napa filters, theyre better than fram and dont cost more
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

would the Corvette ZR-1 91-92 filter fit?

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

nope-mx3 wrote:would the Corvette ZR-1 91-92 filter fit?

nope-mx3
Yes. It's the same damned thing. All the filter books usually say '32V' to differentiate the ZR1 from the regular Corvette filter.
den

Post by den »

I use valvoline high mileage filter. Its 50% bigger than stock. It's made by purolator. It's a bit expensive but it was on sale when I bought it.
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS 5 speed
Reverse glow gauge, Custom CAI, Cross drilled rotors. Toucan front strut tower bar, Custom circular ground wires, Custom exhaust w/ stainless oval dual tip muffler, Custom blue turn indicator lights on gauge panel and switches, performance steering wheel, Pacesetter short shifter
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I've been using the NAPA gold zr1 for about a year and am very happy with it. my car takes exactly 4 Qts oil, so it's easy. I change the oil (synthetic) and filter every 3-4k miles.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

I heard that the oilpressure got a bit higher with the Corvette filter, or was that if I shimmed something on the oilpump?

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”