Removing Rear Wiper Arm?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Nd4SpdSe

Removing Rear Wiper Arm?

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I want to remove my rear wiper arm to sand it down and give it a nice coat of paint. How is it removed?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Neil

Re: Removing Rear Wiper Arm?

Post by Neil »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:I want to remove my rear wiper arm to sand it down and give it a nice coat of paint. How is it removed?
I've painted mine twice now, and i cant remember how i removed it. I'm sure somone else will answer before i remember. But if not i'll post when i remember how it comes off.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
bushidosword

Post by bushidosword »

the arm where it attaches to the motor has a plastic hinged cap...it will likely be stiff, pry it up and then theres a nut underneath.
:D

Post by Bochek »

bushidosword wrote:the arm where it attaches to the motor has a plastic hinged cap...it will likely be stiff, pry it up and then theres a nut underneath.
:D
right on, but mind wasnt hinged, it just poped off.

Bochek
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

Once the arm comes off, you got this goofy looking nub sticking out. Is there any way to remove that. I'd assume there'd be a hole in the glass where you take it out, but Im just curious if anyone has done that
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/698108
bushidosword

Post by bushidosword »

well, there is an access "panel" on the inside of the hatch that is held in place with several gromis....id take a look under there to see if it can be removed.....

Post by precidian »

yes the rear wiper motor can be removed. Some of the MX-3s did not come with the rear wiper/wiper motor. The only thing you will have to worry about is finding a plug that will seal that hole in the glass properly.
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Well, I dont want to remove the the whole system...besides, the wiper arm must be removed before taking the motor system out, I'm sure the wiper won't fit through that hole.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Appearance”