Gauging GB interest LSD Tranny with Axles

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

PATDIESEL wrote:%th gear is accessable from the outer tranny case (or cap I call it since that is really what it is) But I have never heard of anyone just changing the 5th gear since you'd also need to change the gear on the (primary or secondary, I can't remember which it is) shaft also. That would entail taking hte tranny apart from what I remember.
The final drive is most likelythe same as the J-Spec LSDs. I am not sure of the drive ratio off the top of my head, but mine is about 300 RPM HIGHER than the stock MX-3 trans. So at 80 MPH I run 3700 RPM instead of 4000 on the stock one. Not much difference really, but it does help some with first gear.
I think Gro touched on this and IIRC it had something to do with interchanging the 5th and reverse gears from a Protege. The final drive is 4:11 isn't it?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Macen

Post by Macen »

I'm interested, but I guess that he isn't interested in sending some trannies to you guys in north america and one to me in Sweden.
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

I could be interested because I think my tranny just went out so keep us posted.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
mx3stylez

Post by mx3stylez »

anything new with this? just wondering because i decided this is the way i'm going to go rather than the phantom grip.
klze swap, wisco 8.5 comp pistons, pauter rods, act stage 3 clutch, lightened flywheel, UR racing pulley, flex-o-lite oil cooler, 2.5" custom exhaust with high flow cat, B&M short throw shifter, S&R cross drilled rotors, , B&G lowering springs, maxxim 17" gun metal rims, modded nissan injectors, walbro 255 lph fuel pump, areomotive afpr, msd 6a , magasquirt v3, and turboed
ruthless_mx3

Post by ruthless_mx3 »

:bump:
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

not as of yet, we are still locating all the trannies.. i should know something middle of next week, because there is a time differance and he's doing this on his days off it will take some time
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

Im bringing this back from the dead, and wondering if there is any progress. I killed my trans last week, and will need a new one. Also if you can't do a GB, how hard would it be to set up individually?
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/698108

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”