Stupid muffler question...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
thunderbucks

Stupid muffler question...

Post by thunderbucks »

So it looks like I'm gonna be getting an MX-3 very soon, and I'm looking to start with a new muffler (why not? I've always loved the sound too, and I'm low on $$$).

So I'm looking around online...A'PEXi, Greddy, etc., whatever you like. Well, from what I can find, they all have compatibility charts, and for Mazda, only include RX-7s and RX-8s. Can these still be compatible with an MX-3? How do I know what would be compatible with an MX-3? Thanks for the help.
Ohio State NUMBER 1!!
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

you can just go by the dimensions listed for the new muffler, then get under your car and measure :) I bought a huge flowmaster not listed under mx3, its a tight squeeze but i got it to fit :lol:

other then that just get the proper inlet size to whatever pipe youre running
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

one bit of advice don't remove your resonator i did and i get noise comlanits when i leave my girls house at night (but i love it so screw them all) just look around at local proformace shops sometime they are on sale or clearance and you can score a deal i got my dual thunderbolt muffler for 100 bucks on sale (2" inlet 3 1/2" twin outlets)

Reaper
Greg
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
facko

Post by facko »

haha screw all that expensive stuff, if ur low on money..goto autozone or advance auto, get that like 50-60 dollar muffler :D 2.5 inlet w/ 3in outlet. works like a charm :) im still using it w/ my turbo set up. 2.5 exhaust all the way back to that muffler. no cat or nothing and its just as quiet, if not quieter now, as it was before.
BP swap -- Pacesetter Header -- Custom CAI -- Custom 2.5 Exhaust w/ a Thrush Glasspack and 40 Series Flowmaster -- SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Kit

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”