HeLp My Pimp rides Sluggish!!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
RiEnHaRp

HeLp My Pimp rides Sluggish!!

Post by RiEnHaRp »

I have a 94 mazda mx-3 with the 1.6 4 cly. Starting off from a stop, it just takes a while longer than usual. My friend has a corrola with a 1.6 motor and we both have dohc motors and his seems to have more power, Whys this?? also the rpms are running on the quite low, they are at the first bar above the "0" on the tach, Im guessing thats maybe 450 - 500? , I have put new plugs and plug wires on it, changed the fuel filter and the air filter too. Also the Radiator fan doesnt seem to come on, but the Ac fan does. The two fans both run off the same relay , and I can turn the radiator fan on directly from my battery and it will work, Any suggestions?? Rien <p>[This message has been edited by RiEnHaRp (edited June 14, 2001).]
JFERRELL20

Re: HeLp My Pimp rides Sluggish!!

Post by JFERRELL20 »

i had the same problems with idling, but i have the 1.8, i had to get new wires, plugs, distributor cap, and rotor, it helped tremendously, i could see where the fire was burning through the distributor cap. i also had to get a new PCV valve, and there was a leak in my intake, the Y-shaped rubber part, know what piece im talking about?<P>justin<BR>92 GS Tropical Emerald
RiEnHaRp

Re: HeLp My Pimp rides Sluggish!!

Post by RiEnHaRp »

Yea I m on my way to get the rotor and cap, I was thinkin that too, Thanks Chris

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”