Getting my first MX-3

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Zenox

Post by Zenox »

jschrauwen wrote:
Zenox wrote: I think the car has a full servicebook, so if he've done all the services, the timingbelt should also be changed.
For the most part, buying any serviceable/certified car from Germany is usually a safe bet. There safty standards, rules, regulations, restrictions etc are very well controlled. IE, you may only install certain size tires and sometimes only certain brands are acceptable. Repair/servicing is not second rate, at least from what I've seen there and they do not cut corners in the slightest. Trying to find shops to do those "iffy" mods is nearly impossible. I believe there's a good reason why the Autobahn has an unlimited/minimum speed restrictions on it. Not to mention that most Germans will purchase highway insurance (ADAK??). In case you have a breakdown on the highways - something like CAA or AAA. If one doesn't have this insurance and breaks down on the highway, then expect a very very hefty fine. What that means is that there is an extreme consequence ($$$) for those that do not maintain their vehicles in TOP NOTCH shape. Buying a used car from Germany - a pretty safe move in my mind. Good luck and welcome to the family.
I agree. But you can never be too sure though. I've heard many stories about people bying a car in Germany, who got a car with a fixed mile (turd back or set in a new "milecounter" (not sure what this is called i english)).

But then again, only bad stories are the one's beeing told...
Zenox
Balhirath

Post by Balhirath »

verzutiko wrote:
lakersfan1 wrote:$4500US for a freaking 1993 MX3? Is that what used cars go for in Europe? Even a perfect condition 1993 wouldn't fetch $3500 here in a million years.
Yup! Welcome to Europe! :wink:
As he said: Welcome to Europe. :D

When I bought my 92' mx-3 some 3 years ago, I paid ... hold on ... $12.600 for it!

I tend to break down and cry when a see one faboulus car after another being sold for $3000-$3500, when they would be more than $15.000 here

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

OUCH!!! :shock: That hurts. My '93 MX-3 GS SE was only $1500.
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
Balhirath

Post by Balhirath »

Ohh and I forgot to mention that it's illegal to do the 2.5l swap here *sigh*and 2.0 engines are not easy to come by and they are expensive.. as everything else regarding cars are here.
The $1500 is a pretty good price.. for four good tires on alu rims.
Zenox

Post by Zenox »

Well, I going to Germany this sunday morning, early, early!

Looking forward to get a MX-3:)

I'll update this thread with pictures and stuff about the car:)
Zenox

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”