finally she broke..

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

PATDIESEL wrote:I've never heard of anyone snapping an OEM axle. You should see the difference in the OEM and a remann. ITwill scare you that you bought the remann. However, the problem is that Mazda does not have any more axles for the Mx-3 any more. So remann is probably your only choice unless you want to upgrade the axles for the high HP expensive units.

You should be fine if you use a good remanned axle and slip the clutch not dropping it. It is much better to wear the clutch by slipping overdropping it which will break the trans casing.
My local Mazda dealer told me they have the axles but they aren't factory rebuilds. They only have brand new ones that sell for like $300 - $400. Which in that case it would be better to get the high hp one.
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

MAZDASPEEDMX-3 wrote:
I know a few guys who went and got autozones axles said they've snapped a few ::shrugs::
yea i bought a axle from autozone and its held for a while, it was my oem axle that broke
I've never heard of anyone snapping an OEM axle. You should see the difference in the OEM and a remann. ITwill scare you that you bought the remann. However, the problem is that Mazda does not have any more axles for the Mx-3 any more. So remann is probably your only choice unless you want to upgrade the axles for the high HP expensive units
see thats what made me think my reman wasnt to bad i compaired them and they were pretty much the same width..and yea i really dont wanna buy high hp ones even though in the long run it would prolly be better. i was wondering though if anybody on here has had any experience with the upgrade axles from corksport? if so do ya like em?
Are you 100% sure it was an oem axle that broke? Unless you are the only one that ever owned the car it might have been replaced with a reman before you got it.
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Ive seen sbroken axles on mx3s... um i dont know how but my old shaft... where the nut is..it broke... i dont know how.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
MAZDASPEEDMX-3

Post by MAZDASPEEDMX-3 »

Are you 100% sure it was an oem axle that broke? Unless you are the only one that ever owned the car it might have been replaced with a reman before you got it.
no im not positive its the oem one bc ive only had the car for 5 years. i dunno someone might of replaced them before, but i just kinda figured it was?
I have been scared to run the 1/4 mile for the same exact reason but ....your dumping at 2000rpm? I know the Ze has torque especially since I have a straight neck but when I race at my circuit events which are on normal average street like lots, I dump at 4000. I do this by keeping it steady at 4 and then when I launch I make an effort to keep the throttle the same until it hooks and then I just aggressively but gradually work up to full throttle as quick as possible. It will take some practice but once you get it, It just consistantly accellerates and gives an awsome launch. I even notice the vris tend to kick in quicker apposed to dropping in the 2000 range. Kinda like when you are cruising in 4th and you drop it to 2nd...compared to cruising and then flooring it. I at least notice the different re-action by the vris.
so do you dump it at 4 grand or do you slip the clutch bc i know that if i dump it at 4000 its gonna spin all the way through first and then spin second real bad too..i was practicin earlyer and i found that slipin the clutch around 2000-2500 gives me a real good launch i get a nice lil chirp and then she takes off..plus i was also thinkin that slipin the clutch at 4000 would make for real bad clutch wear? im really just tryin to find the best launch that will keep traction but without breaking anything, while still getting a good time slip.
2002 Subaru WRX In the process of new motor build.
1989 Honda CRX Daily driven Beater. 50MPG!!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”