KL-DE Swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

KL-DE Swap

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

Just wondering, is the KL-DE swap essentially the same as the ZE swap?
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Essentially???, in one word - YES.
K series engine out, K series back in (DE or ZE)
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

Man, junkyards suck around here. The only one that had a KL-DE wanted $950 for it and it had over 100k miles on it. And they would only lower it to $850. I could get a 35k mile ZE for that online :lol: . Of course there's shipping for the one online but come on, $850 :x .
Last edited by Custom_V6_Limited_SE on March 30th, 2006, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
kmvmx3

Post by kmvmx3 »

That's too bad. Junk Yard here charge $40 for MTX and $90 for engine. MTX guaranteed to work or trade it back. Engine no guaranteed. You will have to pull it out your self though. It is a self serve yard. I'd get a KLZ if I were you. There are KLZ distributer in Jacksonville or Tempa area. It would not be too bad for you to drive there and pick one up. I know there is a guy on the probetalk forum that had on sitting in his garage that is still wrapped up and has decided not to do the swap and is letting it go for like 700 or so plus a few misc parts. Check it out.

GOOD LUCK....
93 Purple X3 GS SE ... More Mod to come...
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Custom_V6_Limited_SE wrote:Man, junkyards suck around here. The only one that had a KL-DE wanted $950 for it and it had over 100k miles on it. And they would only lower it to $850. I could get a 35k mile ZE for that online :lol: . Of course then there's shipping but come on, $850 :x .
Wow thats a lot..junkyard here lets you pull your own engine, any engine for 150.00 i feel fortunate 8)

I have a rather stupid question about the DE motor thing..Can you take the intake manifold from a DE ( I know where ones just laying around ) and bolt it onto the stock motor which is the K8 so i've read ? if so, what can be expected and also...on the right side of the stock motor the manifold has something metal that looks to connect the two chambers? of the manifold together kind of like an S shape but the DE and ZE have a rather nicer, straight looking one, can I bolt just that little piece on as well ?

The u shaped thing.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”