Transmission shaft seals

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
JYOUNYA1

Transmission shaft seals

Post by JYOUNYA1 »

ok my mechanic is still fixing my clutch...he decided to take the transmission to his job to clean up...and in the process he is changing the shaft seals...he called me today and told me the seals he ordered does not fit my transmission...he told me he ordered seals for a 1993 Mx-3...when my mx-3 has a 94 engine...and the transmission is from another K series vehicle...I have no idea if it could possibly be a probe tranny, or Mx-6 ...I need to know why would a standard 93 transmission drive shaft seal will not fit on my transmission...and what woudl fit? I know my information is limited, but you transmission guru's please let me know what you need to and I will let you know to help thanks.

~Jay
93 MX-3 GS 1.8 Liter V6 Teal Mods: Pace (Maker) Setter Custom Catback/ Phantom Auto Meters: Voltage/ Water temp, Air/Fuel (in which not one gauge except voltage works) / Custom piece of s*** intake / 17" RacingHart Z5000 wrap in Khumos that are dry rotten / Altezza Tail lamps/ Custom Black interior (still in the works)/reverse indiglo gauges/ Push Button Starter/ Viper alarm with Proximity sensor/ Brembo slotted and dimpled rotors/ rear hatch shade/ Pioneer Premier DEH-840MP, ,2 custome fitted 6"inch pioneer door speakers, 1 Pioneer Premier 200 watt amp
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Just take the old seals with you to Napa and they will hook you up with the correct seals.. I just recently had to do the same thing.. the MTX I got from the junkyard had a ripped seal.. so I went to Napa to get new ones.. they couldnt tell which ones I needed from their manuals so they told me to bring in my old ones and when I did they had no issue matching them up with new correct ones. Hope this helps.

Tunes67

P.S. I paid a grand total of $9.17 for both my seals.. just in case someone says they are some astronomical price.
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

use the searchm i posted the part number to the seals and you are correct, ask for a probe gt seals . :)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”