Electrical-Switch bulbs

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
gazza

Electrical-Switch bulbs

Post by gazza »

I was wondering if anyone can advise me as to where i can get a buld for the driving lamp switch i contacted my local mazda dealer but they say i need to buy the whole switch. The bulb is minute and comes in a small holde which is simple to remove hoverver i cant find anyone local that stocks a bulb this size please help.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

The motor wreckers maybe?
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
gazza

wreckers

Post by gazza »

thanx Grant but tried wrecker no joy.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Maybe I'm stupid, but what bulb are you talking about?
Radio Schack stocks an assortment of small bulbs. So does Auto Zone. If you cannot find one locally try online parts stores. I am not sure what you guys have down under for local stores to suggest any.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
gazza

Post by gazza »

the bulb im talking about Pat is the 1 that iluminates the front fog light switch.if u remove the switch there is a small bulb that illuminates it but mazda dont stock the buld they say u must buy the whole switch. which costs £20 around $30
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

I'd be trying an electronics store and be taking the old one with me as a sample.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Yeah, that'd be my answer too.

I didn't know what you are talking about b/c we don't have front fogs lamps or switches for them for that matter :cry:

Why does Japan hate us so much :(
(maybe that was a bad question)
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
gazza

Post by gazza »

thanks for all you help guys i managed to get a bulb at the scrap yard .Seems Subaru use the same buls for their swithches.
Xx_ICC_xX

Post by Xx_ICC_xX »

Thanks to gazza who mentioned that they pulled a bulb from a Subaru vehicle, I went to the dealer today looking for a few.

After digging through their inventory they found the ones that fit my Hazard & Rear Defog / Defrost switch.

Their part number for that bulb is: S 83426AA040 @ $4.05 CDN each.

Hope that helps!

-= ReSpEcT =-
Lookwuticando

Post by Lookwuticando »

NO No No

Radio Shack trust me on this

The EXACT same little 12V bulbs, 1.50 for a 2 pack

I know because I just replaced 3 of them :)
92 MX-3 RS

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”