FIRE=BAD

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
DreamSpawn

FIRE=BAD

Post by DreamSpawn »

I dont know if i ever got around to posting this on here but bout 2 weeks ago i went outside to get in my car and opend the door and smoke just started rolling out of the car. Imedatly i'm like O SH*T run get dad waterhose the inside down. Luckly i went outside when i did the area around the shifter and part of the passenger seat next to it are what is burnt. Has any one ever herd of wires around that area shorting out? Upon further inspection i see the OD switch and a few others but they dont seemd burned although the od wires have like not coating on them? just a thought i guess.
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

do you have any accessories that you have added to the car that required wiring?
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
DreamSpawn

Post by DreamSpawn »

Subs,Amp,remote all of which run through fire wall down next to drivers seat.
Saucy

Post by Saucy »

i had tons of smoke come up by the fuse box in my 323 over the summer... i had a leak in my windshield so water was getting in and leaving puddles on my floor, well behind my driver seat a wire shorted and the only exit was by the fuse box., i was shitting my pants..
93 323- BP swap,Pacesetter header,magnaflow,highflow cat, pacesetter catback,Rx7vaf+filter, Adv timing, Fidanza Adj camgears, GTx front bumper, EGT side skirts, Espec headlights, LED upper spoiler, GTR midwing, familia rear garnish, Mx3 carpet +all seats,
92-mx3 gs

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”