HELP HELP!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
93-Spec-Edn

HELP HELP!!!

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

Hi

I was driving my mx-3 today and the check engine light came on. i then felt a jerk and i couldnt accelerate when i hit the gas. The car then died. It wouldnt start. i waited a min and it started. I drove 3 blocks and again, no acceleration and then the car dies. Wouldnt start, waited a min and drove it home. What can ths be??? Please help. I need my car for work.
Thanks
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

Kind of hard to say with the little information that you gave. If you could get the check engine code that would help alot. But from the information given i dont think many people could give you anything more than just a stab in the dark on things to check.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
93-Spec-Edn

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

I have a code 16 crank angle sensor.
Also when i do the HEI mod do i have to disable or take anything out of the disty or just plug and play??
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

Check out groharlems website, he has a pretty detailed how to with pictures.

Nate
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Thats not a very good thing if your car is cutting off and the sensor is going off, good sign that something is wrong inside the block. the car will run with that cel code being pulled, it will just throw it in Limp mode. So the fact taht your car is dieing and pulling that code isn't good. I would not drive it nor put money in the HEI mod until you have figured out what exactly is wrong with it.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I was just reading through the hei mod how to, and it says in there that if its your module, than you will throw a code for the "cam" angle sensor. You are throwing the crank sensor so i dont think its the ignition module. I am with Mnemonic and think further investigation is necessary before spending any money trying to fix something.

Nate
93-Spec-Edn

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

Mnemonic wrote:Thats not a very good thing if your car is cutting off and the sensor is going off, good sign that something is wrong inside the block. the car will run with that cel code being pulled, it will just throw it in Limp mode. So the fact taht your car is dieing and pulling that code isn't good. I would not drive it nor put money in the HEI mod until you have figured out what exactly is wrong with it.
Sorry i meant cam angle sensor. Isnt that a got that the stock hei is gone?
Hw should I go about diagnosing? I also have a code for bad o2 sensors since i have no cat and also the code for air intake temp sensor.
Thanks
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

your 02 sensor code is not because of no cat, seeing as our sensors are before the cat.... you must have 02s in need of replacment
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

I agree that if ur getting the cam angle sensor it could be the disty, but with the discription u gave, at also sounds a lot like what happened to me in our van when the fuel filter got clogged. The car wouldnt accel, and would shut off, then if u let it sit for a lil itd start then die a lil later.

So if you can't figure it out check little things too. Clogged fuel lines are usually easy fixes too.
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/698108

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”