b6 motor swap

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
92mazdaman

b6 motor swap

Post by 92mazdaman »

i have a 92 macda with the sohc 1.6 id like to get a dohc i need more power!!!is it an easy swap or are we talking ecu,wirinng,the whole ine yards. and has anyone ordered from corksport.com? are they a goods people to deal with??? thanks for any feed back
im yergie
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

I would really suggest using the search function, you can find a lot of the information you need.

I would also suggest doing a BP swap, its one of the better bangs for the buck.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
alex3ohio

Post by alex3ohio »

Corksport are awsome people. They know there stuff. But I'd buy from a junkyard. So much cheaper. And I also recommend just getting a 323 GTX motor off the bat so when you realize that the bp isn't fast enough you'll have your turbo already on. Bp's are huge improvements on the regular mazda 1.6 but nothing is ever fast enough.
MXL (germany)

mxl

Post by MXL (germany) »

the B6 SoHC motor is as nearly as same as the DOHC...you only have to chance the head and the wireing (+ECU)

For blowing it up, you should use the original DOHC Motor (base)...becouse the facelift models have a oil spread on the pistons...so you have a better cooling.

I hope it's similar to the german versions.
E A S T S I D E C U S T O M S

LINK to pictures, video and technical dates (english): http://www.mx-3-community.de/home.php?id=299/

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”