finally

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Macpherson MX-3

finally

Post by Macpherson MX-3 »

Igot my KL-ZE in today, is there anything i should know about the installation that isnt obvious? Will the Clutchmasters 3 clutch work well with this engine, because i bought it to go with the KL-DE, will it handle the torque of the ZE?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Sure will. The swap is well laid out in any of the swap FAQs.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Stage 3 is WAY overkill.
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

Congrats and welcome to the family. That clutch is what I am using. Just be warned that to drive it for about two months with NO DOWN SHIFTING and don't go above 4000RPM's. I know it will be tempting but you want to go through the break-in layer on that clutch perfectly and you'l squack into 4th! :P . I did this and it's a bulletproof clutch that sticks hard!!!!! My bud didn't and he needed a new clutch after four months!!!!! :shock: I would have gone to the bridge if that happened to me! Serves him right, he wanted to see the power difference and he did....from awsome to nothing at all.
Concerning the ZE, just make sure b4 you drop it in to do the timing belt and water pump. It will illeviate so many headaches when it is out of the car. Also, what gear for set-up do you have....a KL31 ECU?,what TB, correct VAF? straight neck, bent neck IM?
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
Macpherson MX-3

Its a straight neck ZE, with MX-6 ECU, and the MX-6 VAF, whats the TB??. I drove the car with the clutch mated with the K8 for about a month now.
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

Macpherson MX-3 wrote:Its a straight neck ZE, with MX-6 ECU, and the MX-6 VAF, whats the TB??. I drove the car with the clutch mated with the K8 for about a month now.
Well if you want to fit the straight neck ZE in your car, as like I did, it will be a little work. You have to shave part of the front face of the TB so that it doesn't hit the TB and you have to repossition the throotle cable so it doesn't hit the fire wall. If you do decide to go with the straight neck, let me know and I will send pics...thats after I get my car out of the paint shop tomorrow or late today!
Another point to figure out is what ECU you have. What number is on it? it should be a KL31 or KL36. I prefer the KL31 cause it is for a manual tranny. Also figure out what is stamped on the Throttle body. It should be a KL68 or KL60. The Ze TB is 68 and the US De is 60. And for the VAF, it should also have a metallic silver stickker on it that states VAF-50. Let us know what you find on your parts! You speak of the mx-6 alot which tells us not much. ALso check that the back of the cam covers on the heads are stamped kl31-101 on the front and kl31-1a1 on the rear 3 cylinders and that the cams say KL01 inside(this is optional but will confirm a true ZE). Take down the stampped code and let us know.
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
Macpherson MX-3

The ECU is the KL31 that i know for sure, ill find out everything else later tonight, i gotta go to work, and yes could you post pictures of the straight neck ZE pls, How hard is it to relocate the throttle cable? IT BETTER NOT BE A DE!!!! : :evil:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”