Camber Kit?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
BSinnest

Camber Kit?

Post by BSinnest »

hey, just wondering... my car was lowered awhile ago, but it had bad camber wear on the tire.. i raised it up again... but am thinking i may lower it again come summer. is there a certain type of camber kit i should get. or will any for the mx3 work? Also, should i just go and find some coilovers instead of just lowering? i think it was like a 3 inch drop and almost put me to a dead stop trying to leave a future shop one day..

Thanks
Brian
precidian

Post by precidian »

when you lowered the car, did you have alignment checked? If not next time you should have the alignment done. If the camber is out, you can always then use the camber adjustment bolts from http://www.ingallseng.com.
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

You can adjust the camber with the stock upper strut mount, but it is only a degree at most if memory serves me correctly.
Other than that you can get camber bolts or camber plates from Cusco or Ground Controll has camber and caster plates.

PS, 3" drop is WAY too much. You will end up leaving your muffler or some other important part of the car on the road side one day with the car that low. I'd say 2" at most, but I doubt you measured the drop and maybe 3" is a guess.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Mazdaracer

Post by Mazdaracer »

I'd bet it's the toe thats causing the wear, not necessarily the camber. Bad toe settings are what really shred tires, camber can wear them after a long time, but won't shred them.

On my autox Protege i run ~3* front camber with my toe set to *0* and have never had any wear issues.
THINK FAST, GO RACING!!
2004 Mazda6 Wagon
2004 Mazda3 Sedan
1990 BG8P Protege LX - KLZE - Race Preped - #98 SM - SCCA Solo2
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

I know that on my previous mx-3 I had a 3" drop ---tooo low!---as patdiesel said, but I didn't have to adjust the camber. I just did an alignment and fixed the toe(mazdaracer) and had no un-even wear but, I am also thinking of a coilover option. Very convenient and adjustable and affordable for our cars. Look on e-bay. Good luck
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
BSinnest

Post by BSinnest »

hey, thanks for the help guys. and i did guess 3" cause i know there would be no possible way it can go lower... you know the two tow bars in the front?.. well those stick out about 1 inch or less now.... but i will look at coilovers as i couldn't stand bottoming out every time i drove the beast.

Thanks again. and will tell ya's how it turns out

Brian
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

MMmmm yeah 3 inches is defantly alot for our cars, but what kinda struts you running? It woudl probably be better for you struts and your car if you only whent about 2, 2.5 max..your struts are gonna wear, unless you have mazdaspeed adjustables or koni inserts...
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
BSinnest

Post by BSinnest »

did an engine swap and got my struts outand put the lowering springs back on. took a look and i have kyb gr2 struts. still unknown of what type of spring i have, but after i put the 15's back on with new tires. i haven't bottomed out... so i will leave it like this for now, just need a new wheel bearing now!

Thanks guys!

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”