Peak Horsepower on the K8

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

Yes but the end of this year i should have my KL-ZE but I had the option to get one but I picked lets just modded the hell out of the K8 making sure I dont lose any money out of it all the modded will be able to go to the KL-ZE. But I am just doing this for fun Just to see what this little motor can do when I can throw a lot of stuff on it. So then when I do get my ZE I can see the differents of the car with that motor. But when it gets done here at the end of this month I will give you a list of all the moddes and i will have a video of the dyno. It should be cool to see what the little engine that could! =)
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Put down the crack cocaine. You are NEVER going to get 160WHP out of a N/A K8 unless you go for complete race mod with ridiculous cams and up the RPM to about 10,000 RPM with some ridiculous compression pistons. Corksport already modded a K8 with thier project MX-3, and basically got NOWHERE with thier mods. You can look at thier dyno plots they did everytime they did a mod.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

true im not the negative person but a k8 doung 160 hp even at the crank i dunno..i see you making around 145 at the crank with headers full exhaust, cai, lightweight flywheel and stripping the interior. Its still worth it since well ull be swapping over why not, just dont use a de manifold because vris points are off, do the hei mod to kill the "heat = slowness" symptoms.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

Ya like I said I am just doing this for fun just to see what it has =) But when I get it dynoed will it show hp at the wheels and the crank?
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

precidian

Post by precidian »

So have you done a base run? do you know how much horepower you are starting off with at the wheels?
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

No I couldn't THe dyno just got into town and my car was already taken apart. If not I would have done it.
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Go ahead waste your money

So what bolt-ons are you planning for the K8?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Macpherson MX-3

Post by Macpherson MX-3 »

Is the K8 that bad
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

Macpherson MX-3 wrote:Is the K8 that bad
yes
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
Macpherson MX-3

Post by Macpherson MX-3 »

Happy i am doing the swap. did not think it was that bad
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

its a decent engine for a daily driver....but if you want to start modding it, or drive with a little more "spirit"...then a swap is definantly the best bang for the buck
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”