ecu question

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Slammed6 wrote:Well i know the engine in "not suppose" to be in the car. But if take it to a smog station and they do all the test they need and it passes everything. Whats the problem?

I'm just saying you CAN pass smog easily when you swap an engine in, Just don't tell them you swapped it, it has everything needed to pass the smog requirements. No reason to make it difficult.
That's not what I've been saying. Yes, you can smog your car. But don't think it's a legal smog, cause it's not. And you can get by doing this, but when you sell the car, be careful, cause they can get you there.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
K-North

Post by K-North »

well if u cant get it to pass etest.. why dont u tell the person running it its a ZE and run it as mx3 hot rod.. it should pass then if your ze is calibrated right..??
hey all im a new 92 mx3 gs owner... had a permance clutch but he blew the head gaskets when i bought it.. and theres a lower kit and exaust system.. so i guess i got a okay deal.. but damn wait.. just Dropped in a KLZE engine from japan
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

K-North wrote:well if u cant get it to pass etest.. why dont u tell the person running it its a ZE and run it as mx3 hot rod.. it should pass then if your ze is calibrated right..??
The emissions part isn't the problem. One of the requirements to the Etest is the smog sticker. If you don't have one under your hood, your not suppose to pass smog. Shops will lose their license if their caught passing a modified car that don't have a smog sticker. To get a smog sticker for your ZE, you have to have the Referee inspect and pass your ZE.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

Could somebody tell me what the hell is a venom 400 performance control module??? It's like $325 at the online peformance store.
GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.
precidian

Post by precidian »

Mr.mx-3 wrote:Could somebody tell me what the hell is a venom 400 performance control module??? It's like $325 at the online peformance store.
google is your friend. :wink:

http://www.venom-performance.com/nf/html/v400.cfm
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

precidian wrote:
Mr.mx-3 wrote:Could somebody tell me what the hell is a venom 400 performance control module??? It's like $325 at the online peformance store.
google is your friend. :wink:

http://www.venom-performance.com/nf/html/v400.cfm
thanks been googleing it all night trying to find a affordable kl-ze and stumbled up on this after reading it I think this would be a good thing for my car.
GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”