found a diamond in the rough

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
psyense82

found a diamond in the rough

Post by psyense82 »

just got back from my local junkyard... i found a 92 GS black se... all leather interior, OEM alloy wheels, GS lip in mint condition. i was quoted 75 a piece for the front seats... i plan on buyin the whole interior.... wooo im so happy, this deffintly fixed my bad morning.
*note i will not be doing the rx7 hatch conversion, id rather get a BP*
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Just so ya know.. it wasnt a 92.. the SE's were only produced for the 93 model year.. Nice find though.. if the body isnt totaled.. you should consider buying the whole car and restoring it :2thumbsup:

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

In fact.. when you go back.. take pics.. That could be an extremely rare MX-3.. if its Black and wasnt a repaint.. it could be one of a kind since you are in the US. All the US spec SE model cars were a Raspberry Metallic color.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)

Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Oops
Last edited by Tunes67 on March 16th, 2006, 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psyense82

Post by psyense82 »

*heart skips a beat*.... the bodys farked tho... ill try n get pics...
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I'll give ya 100$ + what you have to pay for them :)
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Well dont get your hopes up.. you have better odds at winning powerball than this being that kind of a find. But it does warrant further investigation I think.. especially since you will be going back.

Tunes67

psyense82

Post by psyense82 »

bad day at the inspection center... dont ask, so even the hopes of finding a golden egg couldnt lift my spirits. goin tommorow to take pics. does anyone know what a j/y would charge??? seein a got a place that i can store it. im hopin its an easy score.. and i can work out some payment deal with the guy.

.. umm... Steve, if ur that eager about this car.. *looks around* how rare are we talkin here?
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

psyense82 wrote:bad day at the inspection center... dont ask, so even the hopes of finding a golden egg couldnt lift my spirits. goin tommorow to take pics. does anyone know what a j/y would charge??? seein a got a place that i can store it. im hopin its an easy score.. and i can work out some payment deal with the guy.

.. umm... Steve, if ur that eager about this car.. *looks around* how rare are we talkin here?
well to tell you the thruth, they are rare around here.
I actually never saw a mx-3 SE and neither in the J/Y
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
psyense82

Post by psyense82 »

i know of a raspberry SE for sale.. 1,000 bucks in Gorham Maine, jus needs waterpump.... but... this black one i find more interesting...

the hood emblem is gold... the OEM alloys have black centers with gold logo..... is this a sign that i found an SE? all leather interior including doors, manual windows, moonroof... black interior with a beige ceiling... im goin to get pics tommorow
PatMX3

GS is a SE???

Post by PatMX3 »

i have a 93 GS ' it has leather trim seats/steering wheel.. but its a SE??
PatMX3

93 GS MX3

Post by PatMX3 »

it also has.... THE RASPBERRY PAINT JOB* heh Paint code 6V or somthin
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

that'd be nice find, I wouldnt mind another SE
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Not saying do it, but if the car could get fully restored, and running properly, you could just switch parts from one car to the next to make it have a Currently titled Vin, then all you would have to do is take your GOOD mx3 down to the inspection center :)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
psyense82

Post by psyense82 »

well good news bad news//// the car IS NOT an se... jus a basic black mx3 v6. however, i was told the cars mine for 500, but the title is in the states hands because i guess in maine when a car is put into a yard, and a part comes off the car... the title then becomes the states property. so no one can claim the car was stolen. but... theres a lot of goodies to be had rear tie bar, alloy gs rims, Toyo Touring tires pretty much brand new, lip in good condition, and some other good stuff... the good stuff is worth more then 500 if i bought them spereatly.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”