need a hood to make a carbon fiber hood (seriously)

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
jonathanj

need a hood to make a carbon fiber hood (seriously)

Post by jonathanj »

I need a hood to make a mold for a carbon fiber hood. This is NOT a joke. I need it ASAP. Me and a friend are making it. We already made a carbon fiber dash for the car. Check this out go too deepvision.net. Then go to events coverage. Then go to is2002 in Orlando. The second page, second row down on the end. Let me know what you think. But seriously after we make the hood we will sell them. Thanks Jon
white fish

Re: need a hood to make a carbon fiber hood (seriously)

Post by white fish »

that dash looks sweet what else besides hood do you plan on making? <BR>how hard is carbonfiber to work with?<P>ps. Nice Car ;)<BR> Image
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

brooo!<P>thas some sweet car, i have always loved it! LOL<BR>sick paint job man, can i copy ya! lol<BR>hey man, i will be the first buyer if you make a CF hood. i will personally come and pick it up. i have always been lookin for it. i got one for my 96 audi A4, but simply no chance on MX3. and about how to get a hood, take a trip up to dallas/FW and you will be able to get some in seriously good conditions, since i have seen quiet a few, its one city that people dig MX3s, @ least in plano area, where i stayed!( try ordering online too)<P>thats all i can help ya with :D :D <BR>but again, thats some sweet car.<P>GOod luck<BR>kevin K
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

actually, i have a rubber mold of my hood that i was going to use as a carbon fiber template. yea ive tried making one for a friend and it turned out great...the first time i didnt know how to work that damn vacuum oven so it didnt really set well...but the second time it was nice. my mold still has some of the mold release and is a little flexible, but can be shipped in a small box.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
jonathanj

Post by jonathanj »

i still need a hood. whoever prevails will get a hook up on a carbon fiber hood.
aznwithamx3

Post by aznwithamx3 »

i love what you've done with the interior
RobB6T

Post by RobB6T »

If you need a hood so bad, go to a junk yard. It would cost at most 150, but if you really are making tem with the intent to sell you will make a lot of money
Rob
jonathanj

Post by jonathanj »

ive been to every junk yard within 75 miles and no one has one. beleive me ive tried. I would use mine but its my only car and it rains alot in fl.
Hemer98

Post by Hemer98 »

Hey I got an extra one, e-mail me at MyMX3Veh@aol.com and we discuss this further.
codene

Post by codene »

hey i got a white one with a hole cut in the middle. (i was test fitting a reverse scoop insert) so theres a chunk in the middle missing but the edges are all fine. i can give it to ya if ya just pay shipping( which will prob cost an arm and a leg since i live in florida but its worth a shot.)
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mail_cory_here" TARGET=_blank>Codenes Car</A>
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by codene:<BR><STRONG>hey i got a white one with a hole cut in the middle. (i was test fitting a reverse scoop insert) so theres a chunk in the middle missing but the edges are all fine. i can give it to ya if ya just pay shipping( which will prob cost an arm and a leg since i live in florida but its worth a shot.)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>for real...tampa to melbourne...that's what...$40 :D
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
jonathanj

Post by jonathanj »

dude email me your phone number so we can talk. i have one of my crew members that live in tampa so maybe we can arrange something. cool? cool.
codene

Post by codene »

ahh didt realize you lived in fl also. thought you were like everyone else (canadian) so...anywyas you got mail.
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mail_cory_here" TARGET=_blank>Codenes Car</A>
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

Hell na, gotta represent that FL!!!

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”