Camshaft

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

if you swap the flywheel then the bp will work.

a bit hard on your stock tranny tho.

Bochek
Boris

Post by Boris »

Well i've already ordered the centreforce clutch from my work a few weeks ago so unless that can go on a DOHC engine then I am going to stick with my SOHC. If the clutch is the same for mine and another better engine out there then maybe I will consider the engine swap...so if anyone has any info on this please let me know.

And btw gude.com does sell cams for 1.6L SOHC mazdas.
Boris

Post by Boris »

Hey sorry I posted the same thing twice for some reason my first reply wasn't showing up before... or I'm just slow.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

osargeant wrote:I hate to tell you this but it is a waste of time and money trying to get a MX3 SOHC 16v engine to be fast. At least the DOHC has a lot more options due to being able to use Miata parts. Even the 323 SOHC 8v engine has more potential for mods.

A BP swap will yield you much better results for cheaper, dont wait to find this out the hard way.
if u look u also noticed i have a 92 bp powered mx-3
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Boris

Post by Boris »

I like it...gotta love the gunmetal paint. Nicely done mx3...with the SOHC what was your best mod?

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”