tokico and eibach prokit combo

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
bluebullet

tokico and eibach prokit combo

Post by bluebullet »

just wondering if n e one is running this setup on there mx and if it works well, im in need of new suspension and this was one something of interest.
Cpl_Bryant

Post by Cpl_Bryant »

Wow that's funny. I JUST finished this exact setup last weekend. Eibach Pro Kit from Corksport and Tokico struts front and rear. Also added KYB upper mounts all around (old ones were all rusted/rotted out). I am liking it so far. I was pretty simple to do. Dying to get back into spring/summer and take a cruise. Haven't put my 17" rims on yet. Running with stock wheels and snow tires and haven't had any clearance issues. For some reason thou, I was missing my drivers side thrust bearing. It is on order, but right now there is metal on metal grinding whenever I turn the wheel and it tends to pull to whichever way I turned last. Such a big problem from such a little part.
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/cplbryant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Older MXers liked it, but I haven't known anyone with the set-up. Should be a nice street set-up.
By older I mean MXers that I used to know, not that they were old.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
bluebullet

Post by bluebullet »

thanx a lot guys for ur input!! :2thumbsup:
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Yeah i'm defantly getting that setup this week. I'm so pumped. Check out the FAQ in the suspension FAQ section about em. The struts are make for the springs so your good to go. Make sure you get it from http://www.oemfordparts.com, its cheaper that way. You save liek 70 bucks than from getting from a dealer ship. Good luck man. What else you gonna do whille your under there? Sway bar? bushings? Replace anything thats warn while your at it.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
rusty

Post by rusty »

i just finished this same set up and noticed the same problem that Cpl_Bryant has on his car. The car makes a noise when ever you turn, i'm thinking it's the spring turning on the top and bottom collars? I have no bearings, where are they suppose to be? If you jack up your car can you move your spring up and down a couple of inchs? Seems to me they are too short.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

That is normal for the springs to be shorter than the stock ones.

You need a thrust bearing on the strut to let the spring turn without binding. Buy them from Mazda, they are pretty cheap. Take the strut loose from the strut mount, pull the strut out of the mount and place the bearing onto the strut rod, then reinstall the strut.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

I have this setup, and I LOVE IT. IMO it's perfect for the street, not to hard and not to soft, and lowers the car just a bit ~1.5" plus it's got a great bang for your buck factor and I can corner so hard it scares people.
Boris

Post by Boris »

bluebullet,

I see you live in Toronto. JRP sells the tokico's for around $110 ea. Seems like a decent price to me. That's where I bought mine, anyways. Those turned out being cheaper than I could get them at cost from my work...

jrp is in missisauga btw.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”