Tranny stuck in gear?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
JdawgMx3er

Tranny stuck in gear?

Post by JdawgMx3er »

Haven't been able to get car started, went to push it into garage to work on it, but seems to be stuck in gear. I had a friend helping me, so I push in clutch while he trys to push, still doesnt roll. It has that play where it moves forward a bit till it grabs the gear. Shifter feels normal I can go through all gears, and hear it engage in transmission. Never had problems with clutch slipping, never popped out of gear, occasionally have had some grinding, as if something was still moving, when in between gears, ie shifter in neutral position, clutch in, theres grinding as if clutch not fully disengaging? What I dont I understand is why it wouldnt move easily with clutch in. Maybe gear problem in transmission and bad clutch both? Its the original clutch. Sigh.... any ideas, help, comments, appreciated.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

that my youn fellow, is a sign of a bad clutch, neesd to be adjusted...woah original clutch? might as well change it and then go from there. Slave cylinder usually goes out after a loooong time but it happens. :) chance the clutch probaby its just worn.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
JdawgMx3er

Post by JdawgMx3er »

Even if the clutch is bad, I should still be able to put the car in neutral, without using clutch, and, without engine running, correct?

P.S. anyone lookng to buy mx3? :P
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

If you let the clutch go for so long it will slip like that. Mine doesn't do that but my clutch is so bad right now thats why I am changing out mine.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
JdawgMx3er

Post by JdawgMx3er »

Car started got it in garage, I dunno why it wouldn't before. Last time I tried to start there was snow on the ground, has warmed up since then. Clutch seems fine, like i said never slipped. I can dump it and it'll grab hold, I'm beginning to think that it wasnt trans or clutch at all but maybe something was seized up in the hubs or axles or something, from sitting so long, in the cold. Anyway back to work....
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

ummm e-break? :lol:
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
twoie

Post by twoie »

ebrake would be my guess

twoie
JdawgMx3er

Post by JdawgMx3er »

ummm....whats an ebrake? :?
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

emergency brake
put it in neutral, support the back tires just incase so they don't roll, jack up the front end and try turning the front wheels manually.
if they spin, repeat the action for the back and u should notice they don't move.
the ebrake is cable-driven and engages the rear brakes, so if its seized the back will b locked up and the front should spin freely if in neutral.
if it IS something in the tranny, the rear should spin freely and the front will b locked.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

i wonder why u guys havent looseded up the stock e brake cable :/ :P its to tight even at stock position :S
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”